5EP x SF jean post pics

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Sep 14, 2007.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

How do they compare in the thigh?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the 5EPxSF. The only reason I'm so hesitant is because I just bought a pair of Dior 21cm, and my denim budget is getting blown to shreds!

I'd say that they are similar. It's actually difficult for me to gauge right now because my size 29 NS are fully stretched and some.

2. Babar

Babar Senior member

I just received my 31X36 today, which is only one size up from my APCs. I like the overall fit but they're tight in the waist! I can't button them all the way without bringing them up to my natural waist. Just some quick pics (sorry for the quality): [​IMG][​IMG] I normally wouldn't consider jeans this snug in the waist but I definitely think I might keep these. They don't feel too tight at all in the thighs etc.

3. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

^^^^ I second that, they're great in the thighs, and legs, just the waist is ridiculously tight. I'm hoping they'll (continue) to stretch.

4. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

^^^^ I second that, they're great in the thighs, and legs, just the waist is ridiculously tight. I'm hoping they'll (continue) to stretch.

Haha, and my problem was just the opposite.

Babar, they'll stretch some. If you can button them up when you pull them up a little high, they should stretch to the point where you can wear them comfortably a bit lower.

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Haha, and my problem was just the opposite.

same here. They could be even a little tighter in the thigh and calf and I'd be fine.

A little tight in the waist and perfect legs is probably the best fit scenario since the waist will stretch to a comfortable amount, whereas the legs are gonna stay pretty much the same

6. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

^^^ Yeah I think so, they're still a bit tight but getting mostly comfortable to wear now. 32x36s [​IMG]

7. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    those look good on you.

8. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Size 31s...I'm 5'11" and 160 lbs. Definitely could have gone up to 32s, but I do love a really slim pair of jeans and these have a little stretching left to do in the thigh.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

10. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Fit great. Great looking slim but not skinny/tight fit.

Not tight? Those look kinda tight to me. Not in a bad way, but not sure how much tighter they could be, given the cut.

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I guess i've been seeing too many sufuers in april 77 joeys and have become desensitized, since i don't view that as skin tight in relation to what other jean options are out there. I also took into consideration that they'll stretch a little bit for him. They look good but I'm sure prozach is feeling just how tight they are [​IMG]

12. Countertenor

Countertenor Senior member

Size 31s...I'm 5'11" and 160 lbs. Definitely could have gone up to 32s, but I do love a really slim pair of jeans and these have a little stretching left to do in the thigh.

[​IMG]

Not tight? Those look kinda tight to me. Not in a bad way, but not sure how much tighter they could be, given the cut.

That fit looks a lot like the fit on mine, except I have shorter legs (I got a 30, and I'm 5'8" 143#). Borderline "tight", but in a good, uniform way.

13. prozach1576

They're tight when I sit down, but not when I'm standing. Like I said, I think the thighs have a bit more give.

To be honest, I was hoping for a slightly looser fit and should have gotten 32s, but these are actually quite typical of what I wear. I'm pretty goddamn happy with them.

14. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't think they look bad at all, I was just noticing the whiskering at the fly and figured a smaller size probably wouldn't button.

15. prozach1576

Yeah, I think part of it is that I don't have a lot of extra length in them. A little more in the inseam and I'd have a lot more stacking going on around/above my knees which would make them look looser.