• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5ep....WOW

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my resin low down boots today from Brett at Dresscodes. When I first took them out of the package, my first reaction was that they were pretty nice jeans. It wasn't until I got them under the light that I was blown away by the rich, deep indigo. Hidden rivets, awesome selvage, these jeans are insane, quality wise and the 30's fit me perfectly. I'm glad I only sized down one. And the bootcut is so subtle, like 17". If you want to grab a pair at a really great price, call Brett at 404-343-2894. He still has some left. Thanks Dude.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe they're $160. 5EP low down boots fit the same as RRDS and you'd want to size up 1 from APC NS.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I believe they're $160. 5EP low down boots fit the same as RRDS and you'd want to size up 1 from APC NS.
thanks. Oh, are they completely dry? could you point me to some pics online?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep.....$170 shipped. My RRDS are 30 also. The RRDS were actually about a quarter to a half inch larger in the waist initially, but are now around 32.5. The Nudies were much tighter in the thighs at first but have stretched to about where the 5EP's are to begin with. I recommend sizing the same as RRDS.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Yep.....$170 shipped. My RRDS are 30 also. The RRDS were actually about a quarter to a half inch larger in the waist initially, but are now around 32.5. The Nudies were much tighter in the thighs at first but have stretched to about where the 5EP's are to begin with. I recommend sizing the same as RRDS.

thanks dude... I'll give hime a call. I'm a 30 too, hope you didn't take the last one
laugh.gif

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
thanks. Oh, are they completely dry?

could you point me to some pics online?

Nope.....one wash resin. Do a search for 5EP here, there are a few pics from the for sale forum I believe. I'll try to get some pics up soon. They're quite understated, but the denim and quality is off the hook.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
thanks dude... I'll give hime a call. I'm a 30 too, hope you didn't take the last one
laugh.gif

****...I did get the last 30! But I know a guy here who bought 30's from OAK and they were too small! I'll PM you with his info. He was willing to sell them to me for like $193 I believe. Still a hell of a deal. People pay $300 inc. tax for these.

savage

Reaction score
Thanks for the shout.

The 5ep's are totally understated, and most people just overlook 'em.

Sorry out of 30 but sill have 31-36.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by savage
Thanks for the shout.

The 5ep's are totally understated, and most people just overlook 'em.

Sorry out of 30 but sill have 31-36.

Brian (the other mod) was the guy who got me onto these. The first pairs I saw were the authentic cut in a light wash (at American Rag about 3 years ago) and I was not that impressed byt the wash, so never really inspected them. Then I saw the 1 wash resins and the raws, and I was hooked. This days, my raw (well, washed several time now) bootcuts. The resin one wash and the raw have different texture, and the color of the resins has a slightly more grey cast than the raws. The construction and denim are terrific - on par with jeans from the best Japanese companies. Savage, I've read about your store. Welcome.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GWHiZiTSPHiL
5EP > APC in terms of quality?
5EP more or less > everything in terms of quality. They're on par with 45R from what I've seen. LA Guy, where are 5EP raws available anyways, only Famous Friends?

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
5EP more or less > everything in terms of quality.

They're on par with 45R from what I've seen.

LA Guy, where are 5EP raws available anyways, only Famous Friends?

thank you my orange county brother. i guess i should be getting some 5EPs now.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GWHiZiTSPHiL
thank you my orange county brother. i guess i should be getting some 5EPs now.

Yeah, I should actually wear my 5EPs more but I want them to stay nice and dark, probably the most versatile jeans I own, can be dressed up or down easily.

outfit7yh5.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads