• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5ep....WOW

savage

Reaction score
Once you wear them a few times they will stretch/ relax and the rise will fall a bit and conform better. When I fist put them on I thought the rise was a bit high too, but now that they have relaxed I love love love them!!

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're definitely a very comfortable and well made jean... my bootcuts fit really well.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not like those small criticisms were going to make me re-sell the jeans. My most important attribute is comfort, notably through the thigh, and these fit perfectly.

One question: the length is just a little long, maybe .5 inch or so. I don't want to cuff them and I'm not afraid of stepping on the hem if it frays a little. That just adds character IMO. But will they shrink after a wash? If so, after a wash in a few months, they'll end up where I'd like them. That is to say, will they shrink any differently than a pair of pre-washed jeans? Since these are the resins, they've been washed. Has the shrinkage been taken out?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Yeah, it's not like those small criticisms were going to make me re-sell the jeans. My most important attribute is comfort, notably through the thigh, and these fit perfectly.

One question: the length is just a little long, maybe .5 inch or so. I don't want to cuff them and I'm not afraid of stepping on the hem if it frays a little. That just adds character IMO. But will they shrink after a wash? If so, after a wash in a few months, they'll end up where I'd like them. That is to say, will they shrink any differently than a pair of pre-washed jeans? Since these are the resins, they've been washed. Has the shrinkage been taken out?

They will shrink just a tiny bit after a warm wash and flat dry. The raws, on the other hand, shrink considerably. I've washed mine 4 or 5 times now, and they shrank for the first 3 washes.

slee1986

Reaction score
Yea, buy from Dresscodes! I ordered a pair from Brett as well (nice guy), and the jeans are awesome quality for a great price. You might want to be a bit careful about sizing... I think this season's sizing might be a bit different than last years. Most people will tell you to size one down, but I had to size one up on the bootcut dark worns.

minhi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
Just got them today (32x32 Resin Bootcut from Brett @ Dresscodes)

The rise is a little high for me, but I'll deal, it's not too bad. The one thing that really shocked me is how understated these jeans are. That's not a bad thing, per se, but I'd have liked color stitching through the fly, just to make it look like I have a penis, but I'm very happy with the jeans.

I also love the one-wash. It's dark, but not "raw dark." That is, it's not shiny, not stiff. It's a very versatile color which is a huge bonus.

haha! i was totally trying to figure out why my crotch/waist seemed so wide in these jeans. the lack of stitching near the zipper must be it! i think they make a great dress up jean.

savage

Reaction score
I don't think they will shrink that much since they are alread a one wash, but i would try to wash them before you hem them... It would suck to hem them first, wash them, and then have them .5" too short..

deputamadre

Reaction score
Just got my 34x34 Straight Down Raw from Factorypeople. Very nice. Lovely, dark denim. I love the super deep pockets and hidden coin pocket. Nice touch with the hidden rivets too. Should I cut off the red thread from the tag?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deputamadre
Just got my 34x34 Straight Down Raw from Factorypeople. Very nice. Lovely, dark denim. I love the super deep pockets and hidden coin pocket. Nice touch with the hidden rivets too. Should I cut off the red thread from the tag?

You mean the leather patch? I took it off. It was basically loose in mine.

savage

Reaction score
I leave the thread on.

Depu - you got 34 x 34 ?!?!?! wwhaaaa? is the 34 inseam only for the straight down?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leave it on :p and its supposed to be pretty loose, afaik.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Leave it on :p and its supposed to be pretty loose, afaik.

Heh. I mean seriously loose in my case, plus two of the loose threads were almost two inches long. But it looks even cleaner now so no worries from me, although I am starting to wonder if I should maybe experiment with the patch...
Ideally if I was able to handsew in a straight line and knew what I was doing I would replace the pockets with fabric from one of the many tenugui I have sitting around but I digress.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by savage
I don't think they will shrink that much since they are alread a one wash, but i would try to wash them before you hem them... It would suck to hem them first, wash them, and then have them .5" too short..

This would, indeed, suck. I actually cuffed them for a little bit today, and since I'm literally just flipping the hem up and not giving it a much larger cuff like my Nudies, it looks pretty nice. IMO, it adds some much needed contrast to these quite staid jeans. The construction can't be beat.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once you wear them a few times they will stretch/ relax and the rise will fall a bit and conform better. When I fist put them on I thought the rise was a bit high too, but now that they have relaxed I love love love them!!
That's what I figured. Both my 5EP and RRDS are 10.5 rise, but after 2 months of practically living in the RRDS they feel about 5 inches lower than the 5EP.

deputamadre

Reaction score
Depu - you got 34 x 34 ?!?!?! wwhaaaa? is the 34 inseam only for the straight down?

Yea, 34x34...Factory People had one pair left. Only $87 too. Soooo sick. These things are perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads