• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP sizing

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
Been looking at a pair of 5EP straight downs in resin wash--Fok's comments about how excellent they were construction wise certainly helped. The question now is what size is appropriate? I'm a 27 NS and 29 in most other brands (Nudie, for example), but a 30 in Rag & Bone.

Also, if anyone could chime in with a little more detail about their construction and hardware that'd be great. Any holes/tears/rips so far?

tangerine

Reaction score
I wear 30 in 5EP and Nudie; I would recommend you get the 29.

The construction and hardware are top-notch. The denim is very dense-feeling, very compact. No rips, tears, etc. They wear beautifully. The color is also unusually deep and beautiful.

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
Argh. 29 is exactly what HTC is out of at the moment.
frown.gif
Thanks tangerine! I'll go poke around for good 5EP deals.

Ahaz

Reaction score
My 29 5EP were were a decent fit, but not as snug as my 27 APC or my 29 Dry Sven. Fit closer to my washed 30 Slim Jim.

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
Not really looking to be particularly snug--after all they're straightlegs aren't they? Are they slim at all?

Ahaz

Reaction score
We had a debate about that a while back. It seems that there were two kinds of 5EP. I had a pretty relaxed/baggy fit, while Brian (I think) had a much slimmer fitting pair.

Me showing off how baggy they are:

Me standing normally:

They are a 29x32. I was anywhere between 142 and 147 when those pics were taken, and I'm 5' 11".

tangerine

Reaction score
That was a funny debate, Ahaz; as I recall, it centered around whether yours were the straight down or the bootcut. They had a button fly and none of us had seen the straight down with button fly, but you insisted they were the straight down, and the anti-fit seat seems to bear this out. The bootcut have a more fitted seat.

Mine are the straight down in resin wash and have the anti-fit seat and a zipper fly. The lower legs are slim, though.

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
that is really antifitted. okay maybe i should have done more research into the jeans before i even considered buying...but lesson learnt there. thanks guys.

Ahaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tangerine
That was a funny debate, Ahaz; as I recall, it centered around whether yours were the straight down or the bootcut. They had a button fly and none of us had seen the straight down with button fly, but you insisted they were the straight down, and the anti-fit seat seems to bear this out. The bootcut have a more fitted seat.

Mine are the straight down in resin wash and have the anti-fit seat and a zipper fly. The lower legs are slim, though.

Yeah, I remember everybody keep saying 'bootcut', while I was banging my head against me keyboard. There's a lot of grey area with some of these smaller highend companies, which leads to a lot of mistaken assumptions. Who would have thought that there would be two different fits for the same cut?

Tweedles, here are some measurements from my 29x32, in case you wanted to compare them to a jean you already own:

Waist: 15 1/2"
Inseam: 33"
Thigh: 10 1/2"
Knee: 7 7/8"
Hem: 7 7/8"

Again, word on the street is that there is a slimmer cut out there, going by the same name. Luck of the draw I guess?

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
tore up my 5EP plans and ordered an eternal 811 from bears instead. that's it for the next two months, and hopefully by then famous friends will have another sale or something.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads