• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

5ep resin one wash

smile!

New Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi all
. I recently bought a pair of these in the "straight down" cut and found they were a bit too big at the waist. My question is, since they are one-wash, will they shrink anymore if I give it a hot soak? I would be happy if I could even get it to shrink half an inch.
 

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,527
Reaction score
5
They might shrink a bit, but they'll stretch out even more. You're better off buying another pair, or gain a beer belly.
 

JoMak_NYC

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
296
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
They might shrink a bit, but they'll stretch out even more. You're better off buying another pair, or gain a beer belly.

i got 2 pairs. one i wear tight one i wear slim.
 

Brian SD

Moderator
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
9,760
Reaction score
122
Originally Posted by smile!
Hi all
. I recently bought a pair of these in the "straight down" cut and found they were a bit too big at the waist. My question is, since they are one-wash, will they shrink anymore if I give it a hot soak? I would be happy if I could even get it to shrink half an inch.


Hot soak will shrink em half an inch maybe (the resin is there in the first place partly to prevent shrinkage). But they will stretch back out. If you got a good deal on sale, wear those suckers in... but if you paid retail at a store, I'd go back and exchange them for a smaller pair, and if the smaller ones feel too tight, just rely on the stretch factor to make them comfortable in a couple days.
 

ron

Active Member
Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
There has been so much posted about 5EP jeans recently on the forum that I decided to get a pair of the low down boot cut one wash resin. They were delivered today and I was a bit concerned because I sized down and they were so tight in the seat and thigh and snug in the waist. But they have stretched out within an hour to be very comfortable. I'm glad I took everyone's advice and tried them. I think this is one of the best jeans purchases I've made.
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
44,943
Reaction score
18,292
Originally Posted by ron
There has been so much posted about 5EP jeans recently on the forum that I decided to get a pair of the low down boot cut one wash resin. They were delivered today and I was a bit concerned because I sized down and they were so tight in the seat and thigh and snug in the waist. But they have stretched out within an hour to be very comfortable. I'm glad I took everyone's advice and tried them. I think this is one of the best jeans purchases I've made.

Yeah, 5EP's are great. Actually, in my next top 10 jeans list, I will probably include the 5EP bootcut raw in place of the 5EP Straight downs. (The resins are great too - the color on the raws is a little more vivid though. The resin makes the color just slightly more greycast and a little flatter, imo.) I like both models, but I think that the slimmer thighs of the bootcut are more flattering on most men. Of course, bigger dudes with really muscular thighs would generally (there are always notable exceptions) be better off with the Straight downs, provided they are tall enough to pull off the higher rise and dropped crotch.
 

ron

Active Member
Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
I did not find the raw bootcut online, so I bought the resin finish. The top of my thigh is about 24", my seat measures just over 40", and waist just over 36". I bought a 34 x32. They were tight enough that I thought I would have to return them but within 2 hours they fit very well - snug in waist and comfortable everywhere else.
 

smile!

New Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the info. I soaked the jeans in warm water but they didn't change at all. I bought them for a fair price so I guess I'll just wear them with a belt.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 143 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 270 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 130 15.8%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 71 8.6%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 48 5.8%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 53 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,121
Messages
9,229,339
Members
193,736
Latest member
Beebsta R.
Top