1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

5EP jeans for $89 from leomiami.com (Free S/H)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by drizzt3117, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Hehe, Ippo fan? Have you been reading the manga? It's great [​IMG]
    Heh. To be fair, I'm not, but I respect the fansub scene in general. LMF fo' life, homes.

2. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

Okay. I've been impulsive and bought a pair of dark worn straight 5EP.

I own 1947's Sugar Canes and with a little research, I see that these are 1947's repros too. Do they have something really different from Canes or did I just bought a worn version of a pair that I already own? [​IMG]

3. Dill

Dill Senior member

I hate you guys so much. Just kidding, I got a pair of bootcuts and was tempted to get some rag & bones as well. These were the first pair of jeans I have bought in a couple months!

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Which of these jeans would be considered good trade-ups from my 7s and PDCs?

I'm new to the Dark Side.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

The Rag and Bone or 5EP Bootcut or Straight would all be good.

6. Dill

Dill Senior member

I didn't size down at all, but hopefully that won't be a problem. I usually wear 32 but my actual waist size is something like 34 or 35 inches.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I didn't size down at all, but hopefully that won't be a problem. I usually wear 32 but my actual waist size is something like 34 or 35 inches.

I doubt it will be. I wear 34-36 and either the 34 or 36 5EP straights fit me. The 34s are quite tight though.

8. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Unfortuantely, it wasn't hard for me to decide. By the time I got around to it, the bootcut was sold out of my size so it was the standard instead!

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I think alot of ppl bought these from here because I checked when the link was first mentioned awhile ago and all sizes were in stock, and they still were when I bought mine, but now alot are sold out

10. Dill

Dill Senior member

I think alot of ppl bought these from here because I checked when the link was first mentioned awhile ago and all sizes were in stock, and they still were when I bought mine, but now alot are sold out

Yeah, its pretty crazy the ammount of buzz some threads create. I think there must be a lot of lurkers that just come here for the sales. A prime example is when I mentioned the Yoko Devereaux sample sale and they recieved the most business they had ever had since opening the store.

11. nastyandy

nastyandy Senior member

Yeah, its pretty crazy the ammount of buzz some threads create. I think there must be a lot of lurkers that just come here for the sales. A prime example is when I mentioned the Yoko Devereaux sample sale and they recieved the most business they had ever had since opening the store.

I can attest to that; I joined some time back but I usually just lurk here to check out sales and catch the latest buzz in the denim world.

In any case, I bought the bootcuts in size 32, and I usually buy my jeans in size 31, so there's a good chance I may (regretfully) end up flipping them. I can wear 32 in many brands (for a while I only bought size 32 when I liked a little room in the waist,) but I am a little worried having read on here about the sizing of 5ep. Oddly, when I measured my waist (at least where I think my waist is [​IMG] ) with a tape measure, I am 34 inches, so maybe I stand a chance.

12. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

^^ you should be fine.

13. Babar

Babar Senior member

Hey, I think I was the guy who first mentioned this store. [​IMG] I held off buying because at 6'2" I really need a 34 inseam, but I figured these were most likely tagged 32 (still haven't got a reply from their costumer service confirming this though).

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Hehe, yeah... I used to be involved in the fansub community. I was one of the early members of Infusion, so I had my hand in a good 75% of the Ippo episodes.

I kinda lost interest after I graduated though. I was harassed into finishing Wild Striker for Saizen (did all the previous eps at Ayu but they didn't finish) and haven't done a thing since :p

What a remarkable coincidence. Nice work!! The translations are excellent. I wish I could speak that much Japanese.

15. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

What a remarkable coincidence. Nice work!! The translations are excellent. I wish I could speak that much Japanese.

Me too, haha. I'm starting to use Rosetta Stone now actually.

I actually did editing work. Easy job if the translator speaks English, otherwise its closer to interpreting something from google's translation tool :p

16. ENT

ENT Senior member

I took the plunge on these a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, they're a little bit too tight for me since I normally wear a 31 or 32. I've only worn them to try them on. I'd be willing to sell them at the price I got them for ($99 with free shipping) or the best offer. As you can see from the Leomiami website, they're sold out of this size now. Please PM me if you're interested.

17. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I took the plunge on these a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, they're a little bit too tight for me since I normally wear a 31 or 32. I've only worn them to try them on. I'd be willing to sell them at the price I got them for ($99 with free shipping) or the best offer. As you can see from the Leomiami website, they're sold out of this size now. Please PM me if you're interested.

Did the wash look pretty close to the pictures I posted before?

18. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

shoot, based on what ENT is saying, i could be screwed (or i need to lose some weight). i normally wear a 36 but got the 34s. oh well, they've shipped!

-Jeff

19. nastyandy

nastyandy Senior member

I got the 32s, as 31 was sold out, I may be willing to trade you if they are too roomy for me.

20. ENT

ENT Senior member

Did the wash look pretty close to the pictures I posted before?

It's hard to tell from the picture because it's pretty small, but I'd say that it's pretty representative of the actual jean.