• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP Jacket

Sabrosa

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has any experiece with the 5EP zip windbreaker jacket:

AED11652a.jpg

AED11652b.jpg

I was thinking it might make a nice spring/fall jacket as an alternative to a hoodie or other sweatshirt. It's a bit plain, but I do like the pocket area design. The one thing that puts me off a bit though is the elastic waist. I haven't heard much about 5EP's non-jean clothing...has anyone seen or tried one of these jackets on in person?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These canvas jackets are pretty common. Everybody makes them, from Gap, Polo, to Brooks Brothers; albeit in slight variations.

RustyRyan

Reaction score
I have that jacket, it's quite nice. As expected with 5ep it's really well made and the fit is great for me, not too loose yet not too fitted at the same time. Really versatile, goes with a lot of things.

BourbonAndPeanuts

Reaction score
What size should I get if I have about a 38in. chest? That jacket looks really nice but unfortunately I have no place to try it on.

RustyRyan

Reaction score
I would say it fits pretty true to size, I have it in XL and I usually wear XL and sometimes L. It's slightly fitted, but not overly so.

BourbonAndPeanuts

Reaction score
For most American brands I wear a small, but I sometimes wear a medium. Would you recommend a small or medium?

It sounds like I should go with a small.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
I'm going to guess that it is. It's probably similar to how the un-trimmed red threads hang off of the leather patch on their jeans.

RustyRyan

Reaction score
The thread is part of the design, they have it on most of their shirts, jackets, and jeans.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird coincidence, I bought that jacket yesterday, in khaki color. Don't worry about the elastic, it makes the jacket look great when you're unzipped. I thought it was a clever feature.

I have a 42 chest, and big shoulders, and a Large fit me just fine. I'd get a small if I were you, they seem to run just a tad big.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
Weird coincidence, I bought that jacket yesterday, in khaki color. Don't worry about the elastic, it makes the jacket look great when you're unzipped. I thought it was a clever feature.

I have a 42 chest, and big shoulders, and a Large fit me just fine. I'd get a small if I were you, they seem to run just a tad big.

What made you choose this one instead of a cheaper alternative, in other words what's special about it? BTW I'm not trying to critisize your purchase I just want to see what this coat standout characteristics are.

RustyRyan

Reaction score
I choose it first off because I was able to get it for half price, the fit, construction, and attention to detail were the other factors. Mine isn't khaki, it's more of a olive khaki...great color, and it doesn't look like army surplus

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads