• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5ep: A Styleforum Consensus

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Are they the buttonfly? My 5EPs are definitely not the highest rise of my jeans.. no where near. They're about level with APCs... higher than Crate though I'll give ya that.

Zip.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The zip flies are the straightdowns, which have a full inch higher rise than the buttonfly bootcuts.

Brian, the rise on my bootcuts is definitely higher than the rise on my APC New Standards, nearly an inch higher. The rise is even higher than that of the Rescues, though just by a fraction of an inch.

Phrost

Reaction score
I saw a pair of raw 5ep bootcuts with a buttonfly the other day, but didn't get a chance to try them on. Anyone know what the model name is and how they fit?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Largo
Hmmm, this is all good to know! I like the fit, and the bootcut seems pretty understated, which is also a good shot. Admittedly, I'll be breaking in these SCs for now, but I'll be sure to grab these 5eps while the going is good.

Oh yeah, there was a hoodie there by "Ever" that looked pretty sweet, albeit slightly expensive. How're they? I just scoured 42 pages of Streetwear and didn't pick up much information...

I picked up one of these from active endevors when i had a 30% off coupon. The weight of the hoodie is noticable. Its lined with a thermal material, think of long johns. Its slightly distressed but not so much it makes you look dumb. Other people on the forum have mentioned spruce hoodies and how good they are but i've never seen one in person and there aren't a lot of places to find them. I like my hoodie and if you can get a deal i think it would be a good buy

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phrost
I saw a pair of raw 5ep bootcuts with a buttonfly the other day, but didn't get a chance to try them on. Anyone know what the model name is and how they fit?

they're called Low Down Boot. They're a skinny fit through the thighs with a low, long crotch, med-low back pockets, and a very slight bootcut.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
Zip.

Yea there ya go. the zip jeans are 13" rise, the buttonfly jeans (mine are, at least) 10.5"

Phrost

Reaction score
Brian, what would be a good deal on the Low Down Boots? I remember they retail around 230, but my friend might be able to get me a discount on them. Also, where can I find a listing of 5ep's denim collection? Their denimafia site is hard to navigate and not helpful at all.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phrost
Brian, what would be a good deal on the Low Down Boots? I remember they retail around 230, but my friend might be able to get me a discount on them. Also, where can I find a listing of 5ep's denim collection? Their denimafia site is hard to navigate and not helpful at all.

They retail at around $280, actually. Quite a few people here have gotten ahold of them for about half that. It seems they're definitely on sale enough to land a good deal.

As for the full listing, they have two main cuts: the Straight Down and the Low Down Boot.

Straight down is slightly tapered, anti-fit seat, high rise, loose-ish.

LDB is as described above : mid waist, anti-fit seat, skinny thighs, subtle bootcut.

Babar

Reaction score
hmm.. if I'm a 32 in the RRDS and a 30 in the Rescues, which size should I opt for in the dark worn low down boot? I see some places are selling them for under $100 now, so I figured I should finally pull the trigger on a pair.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Babar
hmm.. if I'm a 32 in the RRDS and a 30 in the Rescues, which size should I opt for in the dark worn low down boot? I see some places are selling them for under $100 now, so I figured I should finally pull the trigger on a pair.

Um, for the same fit, a 31 is probably closest, but a 30 will work as well.

Phrost

Reaction score
Does anyone know where 5ep sources their denim? The pair that I saw had an interesting selvage seam, similar to ones I've seen on 45rpm.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Babar

where are you seeing them for $100?

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
where are you seeing them for $100?

steven alan had them on sale for $98 a few weeks ago

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stax
steven alan had them on sale for $98 a few weeks ago

Yeah, in the straight down zip but I haven't seen any sources for the the low down boot around $100?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads