1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

5ep: A Styleforum Consensus

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Largo, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Largo

Largo Senior Member

A question for the more denim-literate regarding 5ep jeans. I'd scoured the forums and see that they're in pretty high regard among you all, but wasn't sure how good they are, overall. I'd stumbled across a pair of the Dark Worn Bootcuts, and didn't find the distressing to be too overbearing, and therefore was curious what everyone thought.

2. Arethusa

Arethusa Distinguished Member

Depends on what the original retail was, but I'd say almost certainly, provided you don't mind the 12" rise.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

A question for the more denim-literate regarding 5ep jeans. I'd scoured the forums and see that they're in pretty high regard among you all, but wasn't sure how good they are, overall.

I'd stumbled across a pair of the Dark Worn Bootcuts, and didn't find the distressing to be too overbearing, and therefore was curious what everyone thought. The detailing and selvage is nice, but of course the real kicker is that they were/are 70% off.

Worth it?

AT 70% off, those would be something around $90 or so, right? Definitely worth it. 5EP does a really good job of distressing so that it look right, imo. Of course, they have to fit you!

4. Largo

Largo Senior Member

AT 70% off, those would be something around $90 or so, right? Definitely worth it. 5EP does a really good job of distressing so that it look right, imo. Of course, they have to fit you!

Yep, 90 dollars on the nose. So, all in all 5ep is a pretty good quality brand, then? I do like the distressing, but wasn't sure regarding the actual quality of the denim and construction.

5. PG2G

PG2G Distinguished Member

There quality is probably the best of the American brands, IMO at least. They are worth full price, let alone 70% off.

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

I really like my 5ep a lot.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Saw the rosso 430, didn't know there were car guys on here. Congrats.

8. digital_denim

digital_denim Big Lose

Rag and Bone and 5EP seem to be the top US denim makers right now. Sorry Levi's.

9. Largo

Largo Senior Member

Well, that settles that! Tomorrow=shopping!!!

10. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior Member

12" rise? No thanks

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

12" rise? No thanks

The bootcut is actually about 11" rise, maybe slightly less. The straight downs are a full 12" though.

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I'll make a shameless moderator plug: 5EP are my favorite jeans of any origin (American, Japanese, Swedish) that I've ever had. So please, go for it.

13. seen

seen Senior Member

Any one know any sales for Rag & Bone jeans?

14. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

So Brian SD, do you just wear them up at the natural waist then? I recall you saying that you weren't much of an antifit kinda guy in some other thread, somewhere. The rise on the 5ep's has always sort of put me off a bit, notwithstanding the awesome denim quality.

15. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I also think the 5ep bootcut are the best jeans I've ever owned. The quality and the details are perfect. My only caveat - be sure to get the right size. I bought mine on ebay and learned the hard way that they run about 2 sizes big.