1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

$5850 Brunello Cucinelli Goose Down Hooded Parka - 50EU

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by Bryan9129, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan9129

Bryan9129 Active Member

Goose Down Parka 50 EU, Cashmere Wool Shell.

$1,650 shipped.

Shoulders - 18-18.5
    Chest - 20.5
    Length - 29.5

Attached Files:

2. razl

razl Senior member

3. europrep

europrep Senior member

Beautiful piece - any weather resistance to the shell material?

4. Bryan9129

Bryan9129 Active Member

Hey Europrep, thanks for the comment. I'll be honest with you, I am not 100% sure, I live in Arizona, so not only have I not worn this piece, but we also don't have weather lol.

I am going to assume that the shell itself is not weather treated, however I can share with you something I do know about these pieces from altering a few of my other goose down pieces: the down is completely contained in pockets of the lining, it does not touch the shell at all from the inside, I am not sure if the lining material is water resistant or not, but there is a full layer of it between the inside face of the shell and your down fill. As such it seems possible that the shell could get wet and it would stop there. Hopefully this is somewhat helpful.

Bryan

5. europrep

europrep Senior member

Thanks Bryan. I need a little weather resistance up here in Boston. I'll do some research and see if I can figure it out. Would you be able to PM me the tag or item #?

6. Bryan9129

Bryan9129 Active Member

I will take a look and see what I can find for you, so far as numbers. I am curious as well; I was going to wear one of my parkas in NYC this next week but I wasn't sure either lol

7. Rixon

Rixon Senior member

I live in Calgary and have a few pieces from Cucinelli. All the stuff they make in winter is water repellent treated, but not water proof (I learned this at Harry Rosen). You can wear this just fine in a snow storm, since it will block wind (mine does with this outer material), but do not dare bring it out in medium/heavy rain. Same goes for their safari/trench jackets made of cotton, wool, and/or silk.
    I personally found that I can use the water repellent sprays you'd use on a Pategonia or Arcteryx ski jacket to improve & rejuvenate the repellency,

8. MDeKelver

MDeKelver Senior member

Hi, on the inside, is there a wind/snow skirt? Was just looking at one of these and wonder if this is current.

9. Bryan9129

Bryan9129 Active Member

Yes, there is a nice elastic skirt with two snaps!

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.