• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

56MM Persol 649s?

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had a pair of Persol 649s in a 56mm size. Then, sadly, I lost them.

Now, all I can find online is 52mm and 54mm. I have a giant head, and I look all pinched in the 54s.

Am I completely mental? What happened to the 56s?

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
I had a pair of Persol 649s in a 56mm size. Then, sadly, I lost them.

Now, all I can find online is 52mm and 54mm. I have a giant head, and I look all pinched in the 54s.

Am I completely mental? What happened to the 56s?

IIRC 56s are still listed on their website, sometimes you can find them online (ebay) but you do have to search.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
IIRC 56s are still listed on their website, sometimes you can find them online (ebay) but you do have to search.

You're right, they are. I've been searching on ebay for quite some time and haven't found any, to the point where I'm considering actually paying retail.... if I could find them at retail.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair in 54, in mint condition, essentially brand new in the box with all the papers, accessories, etc that I bought last year, tried on once or twice and realized they keep slipping down my nose. I've been meaning to flip them on B&S here, but haven't bothered. I wish they'd fit my head, they are the best styled sunglasses I think I've ever seen.

Hit me up if you want a great deal on them. They still have the sticker on the lens, cleaning cloth and box.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I genuinely need 56s, or I'd take you up on that. Big giant head.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What colour frame/lens are you looking for? Ebay is the place to go, especially German and Italian ebay. Black frame, grey/green lens: http://cgi.ebay.de/Persol-Sonnenbril...item1e5e13cf71 Same lens with dark tortoise frame (better price too): http://cgi.ebay.it/SUNGLASSES-OCCHIA...item23097fc926 Same frame with brown lenses (request size on purchase): http://cgi.ebay.it/PERSOL-649-24-33-...item4aa3f28227 If none of those are the right colours, maybe ask the seller or just regularly search as others will turn up. Some of the vintage Ratti frames are equivalent in size to the 56.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winston is right about the Ratti era ones, they even come in 58!

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
You're a Real American Hero, Winston.

That's odd since I've never set foot in America.
wink.gif

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there anything like these but with a smaller nosebridge? They too fall down my nose but I love the way they look

jdbob

Reaction score
I can confirm the size 58s. Ive got a pair of vintage Havanas in 58. Huge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads