• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

56MM Persol 649s?

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had a pair of Persol 649s in a 56mm size. Then, sadly, I lost them.

Now, all I can find online is 52mm and 54mm. I have a giant head, and I look all pinched in the 54s.

Am I completely mental? What happened to the 56s?

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
I had a pair of Persol 649s in a 56mm size. Then, sadly, I lost them.

Now, all I can find online is 52mm and 54mm. I have a giant head, and I look all pinched in the 54s.

Am I completely mental? What happened to the 56s?

IIRC 56s are still listed on their website, sometimes you can find them online (ebay) but you do have to search.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
IIRC 56s are still listed on their website, sometimes you can find them online (ebay) but you do have to search.

You're right, they are. I've been searching on ebay for quite some time and haven't found any, to the point where I'm considering actually paying retail.... if I could find them at retail.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair in 54, in mint condition, essentially brand new in the box with all the papers, accessories, etc that I bought last year, tried on once or twice and realized they keep slipping down my nose. I've been meaning to flip them on B&S here, but haven't bothered. I wish they'd fit my head, they are the best styled sunglasses I think I've ever seen.

Hit me up if you want a great deal on them. They still have the sticker on the lens, cleaning cloth and box.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I genuinely need 56s, or I'd take you up on that. Big giant head.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What colour frame/lens are you looking for? Ebay is the place to go, especially German and Italian ebay. Black frame, grey/green lens: http://cgi.ebay.de/Persol-Sonnenbril...item1e5e13cf71 Same lens with dark tortoise frame (better price too): http://cgi.ebay.it/SUNGLASSES-OCCHIA...item23097fc926 Same frame with brown lenses (request size on purchase): http://cgi.ebay.it/PERSOL-649-24-33-...item4aa3f28227 If none of those are the right colours, maybe ask the seller or just regularly search as others will turn up. Some of the vintage Ratti frames are equivalent in size to the 56.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winston is right about the Ratti era ones, they even come in 58!

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
You're a Real American Hero, Winston.

That's odd since I've never set foot in America.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there anything like these but with a smaller nosebridge? They too fall down my nose but I love the way they look

jdbob

Reaction score
I can confirm the size 58s. Ive got a pair of vintage Havanas in 58. Huge.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.