• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5'11 120 lbs Need Fitting Clothes

Luucid

Reaction score

The problem is, because you're so skinny, any clothing you can find that fits you will likely only emphasis how thin you are. I'm half an inch taller than you, but weigh 150. Even then, my arms and legs are rather thin (all my weight goes to my belly).

Yeah... that's why I wanna find a good tailor. Hopefully that will help a lot

Luucid

Reaction score

Dr. Huh ... I don't know if I ever ran across someone skinnier than me!
At age 50, I feel that the best thing is to be comfortable with the body we received and I've reached that stage finally. For me physical fitness & skill in some sport has made a big difference. That and the tailor!

I agree. I feel comfortable with my body but I've really been getting into health stuff recently so I want to be more active and gain some weight.

Luucid

Reaction score

Can you eat supplements? Im not sure if most will intervene with your vegan diet.
You will have trouble finding brands, specially the ones that are not overly expensive. When I had a 35 chest and I found it really hard to get fitted clothes. I would try AX, their XS shirts/solid tees might fit, and they have free returns. As far as tops go, it was almost all I used to wear. Quality is quite decent and fit was great just wait for the sales.
Jeans you can try dior homme 17.5cm their thigh measurements for size below 30 are tiny.

Depends on the supplement.

Yeah I've been noticing that I'm definitely going to need to spend more money than the average consumer for my clothes but it'll even out since I haven't been buying clothes often and when I do it's at a thrift store.

JosephD

Reaction score
Eat a lot of peanut butter. Get all natural, it tastes good and has a lot of calories while still being healthy.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eat a lot of peanut butter. Get all natural, it tastes good and has a lot of calories while still being healthy.

Well then he'll just get fat. Just putting on a bunch of fat won't do any good.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of Dior Homme and Rick Owens off the rack. You probably should try the MTM route, too, although it will probably look less cool. Either way, it's going to be expensive for you to look perfect, but when it works, you'll look a lot better than most of us here. :)

Last edited:

ggoofer

Reaction score
My ex-boyfriend was 115-120 lbs and 5'10, so similar to your build.

He didn't have too much trouble with shirts; extra smalls fit him pretty well (brands like Top Man, American Apparel, Urban. he was not SF-approved). Pants and suits were tough for him though. Size 28 jeans were usually too big on him and men's jeans tend not to run any smaller, so he had more luck with women's jeans most of the time. (Note: most size 28 jeans have a waist that measures 29 or 30.) Suits were also a problem; I think he found one from Top Man that fit. Not very helpful I know... I second suggestion about old DH stuff, but make sure you decide to stick with your build before you start emptying your wallet.

I don't get all the unsolicited advice telling OP to gain weight. It would be easier for him to buy clothes if he did, but as long as he is getting nutrients and enough calories so that his body is not eating itself, so what if he is really skinny?

Sirryacus

Reaction score
You can get jeans easily that aren't women's they are called student sizes in levi's for example.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The problem is, because you're so skinny, any clothing you can find that fits you will likely only emphasis how thin you are. I'm half an inch taller than you, but weigh 150. Even then, my arms and legs are rather thin (all my weight goes to my belly).
I hate that. My ribs stick out and I have a gut !!

Luucid

Reaction score

Well then he'll just get fat. Just putting on a bunch of fat won't do any good.

Actually I do eat a lotta natural peanut butter.

It has quite a bit of protein too.. when I start getting fat maybe I'll stop lol.

Luucid

Reaction score

The only thing I can think of Dior Homme and Rick Owens off the rack. You probably should try the MTM route, too, although it will probably look less cool. Either way, it's going to be expensive for you to look perfect, but when it works, you'll look a lot better than most of us here. :)

Ok cool, thanks for the extra suggestions

My ex-boyfriend was 115-120 lbs and 5'10, so similar to your build.

He didn't have too much trouble with shirts; extra smalls fit him pretty well (brands like Top Man, American Apparel, Urban. he was not SF-approved). Pants and suits were tough for him though. Size 28 jeans were usually too big on him and men's jeans tend not to run any smaller, so he had more luck with women's jeans most of the time. (Note: most size 28 jeans have a waist that measures 29 or 30.) Suits were also a problem; I think he found one from Top Man that fit. Not very helpful I know... I second suggestion about old DH stuff, but make sure you decide to stick with your build before you start emptying your wallet.

I don't get all the unsolicited advice telling OP to gain weight. It would be easier for him to buy clothes if he did, but as long as he is getting nutrients and enough calories so that his body is not eating itself, so what if he is really skinny?

Your feedback is helpful thanks. I have tried women's pants and they do fit better but the pockets are tiny and plus... they look like women's pants x.x

Maybe I'll try and gain some weight before I go on a shopping spree so I don't waste a bunch of cash.

You can get jeans easily that aren't women's they are called student sizes in levi's for example.

I'll have to check those out thanks

Last edited:

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hate that. My ribs stick out and I have a gut !!

Yeah, having a gut and being skinny sucks. My body looks bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads