1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(500) Days of Summer

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dopamine, Aug 4, 2009.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

Oh hell yes.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

2. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

I liked the movie a lot, but I'm just not into Zooey. She's too round-faced, girl next door for me, and I don't like her voice either. But I can understand why other people are.

3. zombegon

zombegon New Member

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knows of what brand and style shoe Tom wears in the poster for 500 Days. Let's see if I can attach a file big enough...

To me they look like Puma's. The strip down the side is similar. However I have been unable to find anything remotely close.

best to all
    [​IMG]

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm pretty sure they are Pumas. He wore them with a suit, which I thought was the low point of the movie.

5. robbie

robbie Senior member

they are puma roma's

6. WishEllis

WishEllis Active Member

gosh, the clothes were Ok (I do agree about the Puma suit lameness), but I can't believe you guys liked this movie. It was incredibly superficial, no? It's straight from the Apatow mould - emo/lazy guy finds self validation (and career success) via vehicle of completely one-dimensional female character who 'just doesn't get his true depths'. Zooey's character was completely unexplored, we were just meant to see her as a means for the guy to progress through the seasons, as it were. And its redemptive take on LA ('look up and you see the beauty') was awful. It didn't seem to know the city at all. Still, Zooey is very pretty, no doubt. I once saw her making out with Giovanni Ribisi in the Ralphs in Silverlake. It made me sad.

7. bathtime

bathtime Senior member

gosh, the clothes were Ok (I do agree about the Puma suit lameness), but I can't believe you guys liked this movie. It was incredibly superficial, no? It's straight from the Apatow mould - emo/lazy guy finds self validation (and career success) via vehicle of completely one-dimensional female character who 'just doesn't get his true depths'. Zooey's character was completely unexplored, we were just meant to see her as a means for the guy to progress through the seasons, as it were. And its redemptive take on LA ('look up and you see the beauty') was awful. It didn't seem to know the city at all. Still, Zooey is very pretty, no doubt. I once saw her making out with Giovanni Ribisi in the Ralphs in Silverlake. It made me sad.
    First of all, let's agree that movie appreciation is subjective. Second, I agree with your criticisms of the film. And here's the New Yorker capsule review: "For a movie about heartfelt connections, its characters have no depth or substance; for one about love, it has no chemistry or spontaneity; the action takes place in Los Angeles, though we see almost none of it; and a reference to “The Graduate” does the film no favors. Forcedly cute, clumsily mechanical, overdetermined, and undernourished, this ostensibly soulful romance is a plastic void."

8. zombegon

zombegon New Member

I'm pretty sure they are Pumas. He wore them with a suit, which I thought was the low point of the movie.

Thanks guys.

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

He wore them several times with different suits. I wanted to stab the costume designer in the gentials.

10. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I don't agree with you on most points, but when did he find career success?

11. gardenstate07

gardenstate07 New Member

Hello ! I was wondering if anyone could knew the mark of the jacket of Tom. Thank you.

PS: I'm French, so sorry for the errors

Attachment 30297
    [​IMG]

12. ambiencer

ambiencer New Member

excuse me , but what is "BoO" ????

13. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Senior member

14. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

I liked the movie. What I liked about the style was how consistent the character carried the slim tie look from business casual to suits in the movie. Hated the Pumas with the suit; loved the use of skinny knit ties with square ends.

15. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

just b/c this was bumped

i went to the bench in the movie

16. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

one thing I wondered about the movie was if it would have been better had the bit with Autumn not been in it? Frankly it was cool that they met, but things had pretty much been resolved up until that point. I couldn't help but wonder if it was added on at the last second just to make it more acceptable to Hollywood and all those people who demand a clear cut happy ending.

Yes, this was the low point of the movie for me - which was coincidentally at the very end. Movie was great throughout, but then it had to end w/ that little groan-inducing moment that had some Hollywood exec's fingerprints all over it. Not so much that her name was Autumn, but that he snapped right back into the game right away - very much went against the grain of the last half hour.

Still loved the movie.

17. whaargarrbl

whaargarrbl New Member

[​IMG] and [​IMG] I would very much like to know if you can buy them. They are just so gorgeous. EDIT: I am talking, of course, about the dresses. Not the girl.

18. Guus

Guus Senior member

Reading through this thread has given me the urge to watch this movie. Zooey being might just be worth the money. Or I could just wait for HBO to air it.

19. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

where can i buy the girl

20. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Zooey D = Katy Perry with less curves and smaller breasts imho.......