• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

$500 coupon to Men's Wearhouse for a suit

rhino369

Reaction score
I've got a coupon for a free suit at men wearhouse up to 500 dollars. But that doesn't include any sale pricing, so really it's a lot less. It doesn't include tailoring, nor would I trust them to do a decent job. My friend recommended a good tailor nearby.

I'm about to start work in a law firm in about a month, but we are business casual. I'll need a suit for court or meeting clients, but that isn't very frequent. I've got a BB 1818 Madison, in charcoal that I'm planning on using for those occasions.

But since I have this coupon, I'm wondering what can I get from mens wearhouse that's worth spending money to tailor? I've got to save money to buy a business casual wardrobe. So I'd rather not spend a lot on a suit. So I'm trying to find one under 500 dollars on mens wearhouse. I'd be willing to spend a hundred or two more, but only if it's a really good deal.

I figure I'd get a navy suit, two button, flat front, 100% wool. http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-suits That doesn't give me too many options for under 500. Looks like suits by Prono Uomo or Perry Ellis Portfolio is all that is under 500. Are these even worth tailoring? Are there aren't under 700 that would be a good price for 200 dollars net after coupon.

Or should I just go to the store, find one for under 500 bucks that feels like decent material?

I'm lost, thanks for reading.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jack Victor or maybe Jhane Barnes, for $300 net.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 48 16.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 103 34.7%
  • 8”

Votes: 89 30.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 33 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.4%