1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

[$50 Reward] Can anyone identify this jacket?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by humanix, Mar 15, 2011.

1. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

The worst you could walk away with is nothing; alternatively I would be down $25 and without an answer. My sacrifice would be much greater.

I have already given my word on the payment.

Well, technically, he's expecting a payout of $50 and there's a 50% chance you won't tell him, so actually, both your "sacrifices" are the same.

2. humanix

humanix Active Member

are you saying my hours of research are worth nothing to you!??! [​IMG]

No, not at all. I greatly appreciate the effort everyone has put in. Yourself included.

I'm sure a number of people here have put a lot of time into trying to find the jacket already.

This said, there is no way either of us can fully convince one another of their authenticity. But I'm not going to risk losing even a cent to a scam artist.

This doesn't fill me with great confidence either. That and your sig.

3. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Send the money to FOK to be held in escrow. Let's see how serious you really are.

4. humanix

humanix Active Member

Send the money to FOK to be held in escrow. Let's see how serious you really are.

Sure, though I'm not familiar with it. How can this be achieved?

5. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Sure, though I'm not familiar with it. How can this be achieved?
    Fok is LA Guy and this place is his gig. PM Him and see if he'll go for it.

6. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

No, not at all. I greatly appreciate the effort everyone has put in. Yourself included. I'm sure a number of people here have put a lot of time into trying to find the jacket already. This said, there is no way either of us can fully convince one another of their authenticity. But I'm not going to risk losing even a cent to a scam artist. This doesn't fill me with great confidence either. That and your sig.
    I propose an alternative: We leave the money in an informal escrow to be held by a disinterested member of this forum. jet is a pretty trustworthy individual, is a renown Persian Bro, and routinely loses $100 bills in the seat of his Gucci-logo monogrammed H3. Contact him for paypal information. I do commend your ability to use Google's Search function. If only there were another use for these skillsets.

7. humanix

humanix Active Member

Fok is LA Guy and this place is his gig. PM Him and see if he'll go for it.

Done.

I propose an alternative: We leave the money in an informal escrow to be held by a disinterested member of this forum. jet is a pretty trustworthy individual, is a renown Persian Bro, and routinely loses $100 bills in the seat of his Gucci-logo monogrammed H3. Contact him for paypal information.

I do commend your ability to use Google's Search function. If only there were another use for these skillsets.

For the time being I have PM'd LA Guy.

8. humanix

humanix Active Member

I propose an alternative: We leave the money in an informal escrow to be held by a disinterested member of this forum. jet is a pretty trustworthy individual, is a renown Persian Bro, and routinely loses $100 bills in the seat of his Gucci-logo monogrammed H3. Contact him for paypal information. I do commend your ability to use Google's Search function. If only there were another use for these skillsets.
    I was informed by LA Guy that he wasn't able to help as it breaches the Terms and Conditions for this website. I have not yet received a response from Jet. My bet is that it's not going to be possible this way. I have one last idea: Show me visual proof that you have an alternate source of the desired jacket. You don't have to reveal its location, branding, or anything else which could allow me to track it down. If I deem it as the one I'm looking for, I'll transfer the $25 down payment.

9. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

guarantee jet won't waste his time with this. can we just let this stupid thread die (or take it to quick questions where it belongs)?

10. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I was informed by LA Guy that he wasn't able to help as it breaches the Terms and Conditions for this website. I have not yet received a response from Jet.

My bet is that it's not going to be possible this way.

I have one last idea:

Show me visual proof that you have an alternate source of the desired jacket. You don't have to reveal its location, branding, or anything else which could allow me to track it down. If I deem it as the one I'm looking forth, I'll transfer the $25 down payment.

this is a pic of a friend wearing the jacket at a party. sorry for the poor image quality. had to crop so as not to show friend's face etc.

[​IMG]

11. yoyodunno

yoyodunno Senior member

this is a pic of a friend wearing the jacket at a party. sorry for the poor image quality. had to crop so as not to show friend's face etc.

http://i.imgur.com/oEi0K.jpg[/IMGgg][/I]

lol'd

12. coldforge

coldforge Senior member

I am the man in that picture. I got the jacket at JC Penny. I don't think they make it any more.

13. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. humanix

humanix Active Member

[​IMG]

Ok, cheers. Looks like the one. What's your PayPal email?

15. 951socal

951socal Senior member

think H&M had one of those (knockoff)

16. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

Ok, cheers. Looks like the one. What's your PayPal email?

I hope you are not being serious and don't fall for this.....

17. 951socal

951socal Senior member

18. humanix

humanix Active Member

I hope you are not being serious and don't fall for this.....
    I actually just wanted his email so I could sign him up for copious amounts of Bestiality & Spam for wasting my time. I was positive he was trolling from the start. There's no way I'd trust a face like this; [​IMG]

19. Brooklands

Brooklands Well-Known Member

its not an exact match but it does kind of look like[​IMG]

20. Logan

Logan Senior member