• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50 holds funeral

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
for Fat Joes career, after Crack sells only 46,000 copies in his debut week.
http://blogs.sohh.com/nyc/archives/2...t_drops_a.html

He's holding a funeral for Fat Joe who because he only moved 46K in his first week? Didn't Lloyd Banks last album only move like 41K in its first week? Maybe he deserves an open casket wake.

I used to like Fat Joe, but not so much anymore. I don't like the way he did Cuban Link and Remy Martin. But I like 50 even less. He had a spark in the beginning, now his music is just garbage.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
He's holding a funeral for Fat Joe who because he only moved 46K in his first week? Didn't Lloyd Banks last album only move like 41K in its first week? Maybe he deserves an open casket wake.

I used to like Fat Joe, but not so much anymore. I don't like the way he did Cuban Link and Remy Martin. But I like 50 even less. He had a spark in the beginning, now his music is just garbage.

I love 50 though his commercial releases were garbage. His mixtapes are better than anything Fat Joe could ever come up with.

streetminimal

Reaction score
too bad the funeral wasnt for himself, that guy needs another 40 slugs to his chest

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha yessss a hip hop thread, was surprised because i went for the longest time on this forum and nobody discussed my favorite genre.

50 needs to release that 'Before I Self Destruct' album already...if it ends up the way he described it, it may be his crowning masterpiece. But knowing 50, it'll probably end up another Curtis or Massacre. His mixtape stuff is top notch...i still listen to "Watch Your Back" and "Don't Front" on a daily basis.

oh, and Fat Joe's career has BEEN dead. He had that single 'Lean Back' which i thought was huge a few years ago but iirc that TS album didn't move ****.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who won btwn Fiddy and Kan-yay? What about Jayzee? I know he's no longer 'street', but is he keepin' it real?
confused.gif

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like how he's using what appears to be actual footage from a military funeral for his petty little "thug-life" bullshit montage.

Tool.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Who won btwn Fiddy and Kan-yay? What about Jayzee? I know he's no longer 'street', but is he keepin' it real?
confused.gif

The LV Don *OWNED* 50, but that was basically a battle of who would sell more out the gate. Based on Curtis' sales, i don't think 50 is gonna be seeing GRODT numbers any time soon, nor is anyone in the record industry, for that matter.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
The LV Don *OWNED* 50, but that was basically a battle of who would sell more out the gate. Based on Curtis' sales, i don't think 50 is gonna be seeing GRODT numbers any time soon, nor is anyone in the record industry, for that matter.

Not really since there's quite a bit of speculation that Kanye was buying volume on Graduation, because the sales numbers never made sense.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But I like 50 even less. He had a spark in the beginning, now his music is just garbage.

I take it you only listen to Top 40 radio?

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's holding a funeral for Fat Joe who because he only moved 46K in his first week?

No moreso because he has brought the demise of Cam'ron and Ja Rule in similar ways because they liked to talk a big game but put up small numbers, not to mention being kind of pathetic and easy to make fun of.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
I take it you only listen to Top 40 radio?
I listen to lots of music, some of it is top 40, some isn't. I dream of the day when SAS, Crooked I, Freeway, Cassidy, and Gravy will be considered Top 40.
Originally Posted by Violinist
No moreso because he has brought the demise of Cam'ron and Ja Rule in similar ways because they liked to talk a big game but put up small numbers
"I caught a case, but at least I ain't rat, I might not have have went plat, but at least I ain't wack 'Cause cats that be sellin' records sound pathetic, and cats that be movin' units sound foolish"
-Cassidy

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iridium7777
why all the hate?

Hate? I thought the video funny. I actually liked Joe at a time, in 95 when Jealous One Envy came out, after that he chased the fast buck and fell off.
What part of Hartford are you from?

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still like Fat Joe. He was more fun in 1993 and 95, but he is a "better" rapper now.

That 46K was also on his own label, so I'm sure he's doing pretty well with those numbers. I wouldn't worry about his career. He's somehow made enough money that if he has a remotely decent financial planner he should be set for life (I say somehow because he never moved a whole lot of units, and I can't believe he really made THAT much off of executive producing Big Pun). I think after putting out records for 15 years he probably does it as much for the routine, the competition, and for fun, as for actually making a living.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads