• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50 holds funeral

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
I remember that when I was in like grade 8... I didn't know much about hiphop at that point and even then I thought what the **** is this guy doing.
Dang, you're making me feel old. I remember getting excited about Illmatic dropping....and I was a senior in highschool.

I agree about Nas's beats, he is literally one of the best lyricists ever, and has great content and concepts, but his beats can sometimes be iffey.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jadakiss is a better freestyler than 50 cent. He cannot write for himself and that throat clearing **** he does is really, really gay. My friend got a bunch of stuff of his that I haven't heard but his debut was extremely weak. He also got dissed pretty badly by 50 and only morons think 50 is a snitch. There's a lot of people who are "music fans" who read online blogs or whatever, and hate whatever is popular. If you're actually into hiphop then you would probably know what's what. Who cares what the dude's reputation is to a bunch of clueless losers? It's not about sales anyways, it's about being able to back your **** up, and 50 is just better at making people look ridiculous which is why he always wins.
When battling others, he usually only brags about making more money, nothing too original...(like the Nas "Ether" dis on Jay). His dis-tracks have never really been that impressive to me, but to each his own.

and actually I grew up loving hip-hop....all the way back from the Roxanne, Run DMC, UTFO days.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
When battling others, he usually only brags about making more money, nothing too original...(like the Nas "Ether" dis on Jay). His dis-tracks have never really been that impressive to me, but to each his own.

man have you heard the things he said about ja rule?

He's pretty good at making fun of people physically, besides the money issue. I mean, if you're going to rent cars for your videos and throw around $100 bills, then be prepared to hear that you're actually broke and don't sell any records. You ever see the Piggy Bank video? Ninja turtle...

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man have you heard the things he said about ja rule?

He's pretty good at making fun of people physically, besides the money issue. I mean, if you're going to rent cars for your videos and throw around $100 bills, then be prepared to hear that you're actually broke and don't sell any records. You ever see the Piggy Bank video? Ninja turtle...

lol....yeah that was pretty funny, Ja Rule does resemble a turtle...but 50's not much better, he's always reminded me of Curious George on steroids.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol....yeah that was pretty funny, Ja Rule does resemble a turtle...but 50's not much better, he's always reminded me of Curious George on steroids.

no, he called jada the turtle.

ja rule, 50 refered to as "that Stuart Little lookin mothafucka"

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some older 50

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you think 50 doesn't know how to clown someone, i would say you're out of your mind. The dude knows how to beef like it was his full time job (well in a way it is...)

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think 50 still has a few hot songs on each album post GRODT...listening to "Position of Power" now, i've always loved this song.

"Mama'd turn in her grave if i married a white chick/but baby'd suck the chrome off a chevy and ****..."

Even on Curtis, "Man Down" and "I'll Still Kill" were great...

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Some older 50

Lol...his lyrical prowess is overwhelming... I'll admit that he can make some music that'll hype you up, but that's all he's good for. No substance.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
If you think 50 doesn't know how to clown someone, i would say you're out of your mind. The dude knows how to beef like it was his full time job (well in a way it is...)
But would you compare his clowning skills to that of Nas?

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slycedbred
Lol...his lyrical prowess is overwhelming... I'll admit that he can make some music that'll hype you up, but that's all he's good for. No substance.

bullshit. Listen to Baltimore Love Thing.

Ryder Music, Hate it or Love It...

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But would you compare his clowning skills to that of Nas?

Ether is the standard... it's a verb in rap. Em is probably the most consistent though, because he's done it more than Nas, and basically built himself up by ripping on people.

No Vaseline was pretty good, but Ice Cub has turned into a family movie ***.

That movie 50 made for the "death" of Cam'Ron was funny in a morbid way... the flatline, the fake crying... in terms of who is the most effective, 50 by a long shot. Cam'ron, fat joe, and ja rule are now finished because of him.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ether is the standard... it's a verb in rap. Em is probably the most consistent though, because he's done it more than Nas, and basically built himself up by ripping on people.

No Vaseline was pretty good, but Ice Cub has turned into a family movie ***.

That movie 50 made for the "death" of Cam'Ron was funny in a morbid way... the flatline, the fake crying... in terms of who is the most effective, 50 by a long shot. Cam'ron, fat joe, and ja rule are now finished because of him.

"No Vaseline" was probably one of my top 3 favorite dis-tracks of all time.

but I think Fat Joe is finished because of Fat Joe, the same with Cam'Ron.....their stuff just hasn't been that good. Coming from a Southern standpoint, the majority of States below the Mason-Dixon weren't even aware that Joe or Cam'Ron were beefing with 50, or even heard any of the tracks.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bullshit. Listen to Baltimore Love Thing.

Ryder Music, Hate it or Love It...

I understand what slycedbred is trying to say, he's (50's) not quite on the intellectual substance level of say: Common, Nas, Mos, Talib, or even anybody from the Goodie Mob.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't think Ether's impact as an actual diss was that great...it's up in the hall of fame as well as become a verb, making Nas the winner of that battle because I think he was the underdog...Jay-Z had it all at that point. They all wanted to see Goliath fall.

From a lyrical/insult point of view, I'd be much more hurt by a 'Takeover.'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads