$50 challenge: prove to me that a god or gods exist!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ctrl+W, Oct 22, 2009.

1. unjung

unjung Senior member

Hall of fame bad post.

2. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

3. mjHession

mjHession Senior member

Impossible or faith wouldn't be necessary.
    This sounds like a modern (evangelical) church statement, and isn't true. The Bible clearly states that the evidence for the existence of God is sufficient for the condemnation of man (see Paul, in Romans I think; will find vs. if anyone is interested). This is often referred to as General revelation, while the faith you are referring to is Special Revelation. Also you will find in the Psalms, a psalmist probably david but i'd have to look it up, the heavens (literally skies above) declare the glory of God, if His glory is declared it follows then that He exists. Faith is where we find salvation, but not the existence of God. James says that even demons recognize His existence, clearly though they do not have the faith you are referring too. Anyhow this thread is not about the above statement yet i felt the need for correction. Being a full time student (Bible student at Philadelphia Biblical University) I lack the time to make a sufficient argument (proof) right now. I will try to schedule some time for this between now and Nov. 1, if not i would love to revisit the topic at a later date, I am also a Mathematics student -- logic is my forte. For anyone that is interested I will provide some good starting sources; Josh Mcdowell's Evidence that demands a verdict Lee Strobel's The case for christ Guillermo Gonzalez and Jay W. Richards The Privileged Planet Unlocking the Mysteries of Life

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Those are some gigantic thighs. [​IMG]

And them boobies are not natural at all [​IMG]

I................do not want. [​IMG]

Then, you haz the ghey.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I know I always figured I would discern whether god existed or not by posting on the NetWebz.
    Well, if fate can send assassination orders to cloth weavers using binary, surely God can be found in the far more complex binary of the interwebz. [​IMG]

6. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior member

7. mjHession

mjHession Senior member

Pascal's Wager

Wow, I've never seen this one. Philosophy classes always use Descartes' or something.
    I love Blaise, mostly for his triangle, but this is cool too.

8. MrG

MrG Senior member

Pascal's Wager

Pascal's Wager isn't proof that there's a god; it's a justification for believing that there is one even without proof.

Anyhow, I've found proof. Please PM for payment information:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

9. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Pascal's Wager isn't proof that there's a god; it's a justification for believing that there is one even without proof.

Ya. This.

K

10. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior member

I know, but it kinda states that there is no proving either there is or isnt. So the whole idea is moot really [​IMG]

11. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

Pascal's Wager

Pascal's Wager is fail once you consider that there are 1000s of gods available and picking the right one has poor odds.

Plus some of them won't punish you for being a good atheist but will punish you for being an infidel.

12. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

I know, but it kinda states that there is no proving either there is or isnt. So the whole idea is moot really [​IMG]

how does it state there is no proving there is or is not?

K

13. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Something that is beyong the mind cannot be comprehended by the mind. That is why science hasn't been able to comprehend divinity. Science is great at describing the way the physical universe acts, but that's where it's limitations lie. Spirituality, on the other hand, is that which is beyond the mind, that which cannot be comprehended, only intuited.

Science talks about the big bang and how it was all energy in the beginning. That energy is divinity, that which permeates the entire cosmos. The source and sustenance of everything is the divine. Only the divine can create.

14. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Just wait until you die, and all your questions will be answered.

Who knows, depending on how you live your life, you might find out if the devil exists as well.

15. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Just wait until you die, and all your questions will be answered.

Who knows, depending on how you live your life, you might find out if the devil exists as well.

+1

i say to all here, God exists. fully so. I won't get into it here as it is not worth it. internet is the wrong place to discuss religion and/or spirituality.

and even if i can prove it i dont care for your 50 bux. i would want you to just believe in there is a God that would be all the more worth it. nuff said by me