• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5 things to do in this lifetime

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, I guess I outed myself as a non-golfer, right there...

alaaro

Reaction score
No big deal, I am sure a lot didnt know what it meant.

BTW-you should learn to golf. Hardest sport by far, but it is well worth it.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ii tried once, my last company sent all the guys in sales to golf school. I was living, at the time, in a country with a total of 27 holes of golf, and I spent a lot of time trying to get to my lessons and to get to practice sessions at a range and putting tee. I saw the potential. but I didn't have the time to develop at all. maybe in the future. I wish I was able to focus the time on a hobby that I really like, first.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Writing a book is a lot easier in these days of self publishing, particularly if it's non-fiction. If anyone wants advice or assistance let me know. I'd be happy to help, and definitely experienced most of the pitfalls the first time around. GQL, Everest is indeed impressive. Have wanted to do this (oddly enough) ever since I read Into Thin Air.
smile.gif
I am your father. Listen good. No one is climbing Mount Everest anything. Ok, now, everyone go back to what you were doing.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
Very sad - jealousy and trash talking are not a good way to start off the new year. Instead, why don't you go out, bust your butt training for a year and applying for permits and go accomplish something. Until you do, you can kiss ******.

aybojs

Reaction score
I always frame my goals in the short term, so nothing too dramatic here:

1. Get my thesis done and graduate.
2. Get into a top 6 law school (ideally this admission cycle, since my apps were all sent in).
3. Get laid (this is always on the list no matter what).
4. Get an exciting summer job.
5. Start relearning Latin and Spanish, and maybe trying to teach myself basic Italian.

GQLawyer: any good Everest or other climbing stories to share?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics