• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5 things to do in this lifetime

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ybs,

good choices, all do-able. good luck

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Start my own business. 2. See a great white during a dive. 3. Blow 100k on clothes within a single day. (If point 1 works out
wink.gif
) 4. Make a parachute jump. 5. Live to be 100 in good health.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are 5 on my list. These are my "selfish" goals, as opposed to my "family goals" (see kids through college etc.)

1: Drive the Nuerbergring in a fast sports car

2: Climb the NE Spur (direct) on Les Droits in the Alps

3: Write a book

4: Hike a long trail

5: Spend a whole summer traveling in Europe

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
kai,

I have a cousin who is a lawyer who, when first discussing partnership asked for the summer off, every 2 years. he then spent that time hiking in europe with his family.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are 5 on my list.  These are my "selfish" goals, as opposed to my "family goals" (see kids through college etc.)

1:  Drive the Nuerbergring in a fast sports car

2:  Climb the NE Spur (direct) on Les Droits in the Alps

3:  Write a book

4:  Hike a long trail

5:  Spend a whole summer traveling in Europe
Where do you live Kai? Because if it is in Europe you can just drive to the ring and buy yourself some ringtime. I think it's about 10 euros per lap or something.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you live Kai? Because if it is in Europe you can just drive to the ring and buy yourself some ringtime. I think it's about 10 euros per lap or something.
I live in the States. I'm thinking that at some point, I will go to Europe, purchase a sports car while I am there, drive it around Europe, then ship it home to the States. I could knock out 3 of these 5 in one trip. Now I just need to convince my wife that a trip to the Pagani factory is in order.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Roy @ 21 Dec. 2004, 4:59) Where do you live Kai? Because if it is in Europe you can just drive to the ring and buy yourself some ringtime. I think it's about 10 euros per lap or something.
I live in the States. Â I'm thinking that at some point, I will go to Europe, purchase a sports car while I am there, drive it around Europe, then ship it home to the States. Â I could knock out 3 of these 5 in one trip. Â Now I just need to convince my wife that a trip to the Pagani factory is in order.
Forget Pagani. Get a Spyker. So much cooler.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget Pagani. Get a Spyker. So much cooler.
I have to say I don't really like the Spyker. Lots of bling, not much performance. Not really my style.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Writing a book is a lot easier in these days of self publishing, particularly if it's non-fiction. If anyone wants advice or assistance let me know. I'd be happy to help, and definitely experienced most of the pitfalls the first time around. GQL, Everest is indeed impressive. Have wanted to do this (oddly enough) ever since I read Into Thin Air.
smile.gif

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Roy @ 21 Dec. 2004, 5:12) Forget Pagani. Get a Spyker. So much cooler.
I have to say I don't really like the Spyker. Â Lots of bling, not much performance. Â Not really my style.
On the contrary, there's loads of performance. The guys of Top Gear absolutely loved it and the Stig put it right up there with Lambo in the lap times. And they were only driving the prototype, not even the fully balanced production car.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) wear only bespoke clothes

2) live in US (at least enough long to speak perfect English)

3) set up a successfull business

4) visit all the biggest cities in the world

5) see my name become famous (not necessary my face)

marc37

Reaction score
1. Own a pair of Edward Green shoes.
2. Visit New York City.
3. Become an accomplished pianist.
4. Own a Borrelli suit.
5. Own a Rolls Royce (wanted one sinse l was 8 years old).

alaaro

Reaction score
I have been watching this thread for a while now trying to come up with something good, but I am having trouble. I have just a few in mind:

1. Play Pebble/Spyglass
2. Travel around Asia
3. Live on the beach where I run a restaurant/bar

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been watching this thread for a while now trying to come up with something good, but I am having trouble. I have just a few in mind:

1. Play Pebble/Spyglass
2. Travel around Asia
3. Live on the beach where I run a restaurant/bar
pebble/spyglass ?

alaaro

Reaction score
Sorry, Spyglass Hill and Pebble Beach are two golf courses in California. Both in the top 10 in the world, both $300+ to play.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads