Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vc2000, Sep 12, 2004.
What do we feed an orang....bananas?
I have done the following off of other people's lists...
Play Augusta National
Stand on the ancient Greek stage of Epidaurus
Parachute from an airplaine
Smoke a Davidoff Chateau Latour 1989
These are my 5:
1. Visit Morocco
2. Argue in front of the U.S. Supreme Court
3. Sing in front of a sold out stadium (I can't really sing good so I would feel bad for those people, but hey - it's my dream)
4. Scuba dive into a ship wreck
5. Own a vineyard
Has anyone done any of them?
1- I've been to a part of Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn that's like being in Morocco.
2 - I've argued with a Supreme Court Justice over a tennis court (Justice Breyer, before he was appointed).
3 - I've sung in front of full kareoke bars
4 - Um, nope.
5 - We grew grapes in my backyard when I was a kid. Does that qualify?
Each one of those is closer than I've gotten.
everest is serious sh*t. I am impressed
Thanks, I have a climbed a few mountains, just none recently (ah, the good ol' days of being single, no real job, no responsibilities).
Did you climb any other of the seven summits?
I have 3 comments here:
1. I am truly jealous about the Augusta thing, my boss plays there every year, and has for the last 22
2. Why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, when their is a comfortable seat right there in first-class, with a nice lady serving drinks.
3. I once argued in a court, not the Supreme Court mind you, and almost got 30 days for contempt.
Would love to go to Morocco, I did kinda scuba dive a ship wreck once, in the Bahamas, they have an old James Bond set in Nassau you can dive in.
The Rookie - I have climbed Aconcagua and Denali. I had planned on climbing Kilimanjaro in 2002, but my wedding plans sort of interfered...... I have given up all my climbing (rock, ice, and mountaineering) since then. Sigh - memories.....
I know several people who have done kilamanjaro - my understanding was that it requires no technical skill just stamina. I am impressed by Everest, I don't know anybody who has done that.
One more really important thing to do before I die, and it has been to long ago and another topic made me remeber the good days of doing this:
Have lunch at the Taco Stand, Tail-gate at Sanford Stadium and catch one more game, go to The Grill for a greasy burger, and to reminisce the good ole days of Hershel.
jumping out of a plane is a fantastic rush, better than some of your worse sex, I would say. I wouldn't mind doing it again, its been years since I did it, and I have a feeling that I might not enjoy it as much, not be mention that I would be scared of snapping my legs, and jumping out of a civillian plane would feel a little like playing paint ball or something.
On the way home, grab a box from Gutherie's and some herby-balls (if Herbie's was still open). Â Gotta love Athens in the Fall.
1. write an excellent book
2. learn several more languages
3. become much better than i am at piano and guitar
4. live at a taoist temple for a while.
5. die in the gutter after a long and lovely life.
I've got a growing list I started a few years ago and here are 5 of my favorites
1. Own (or atleast drive) a Ferrari
2. Move to Paris
3. Run with the Bulls in Pamplona
4. Get published
5. Learn 3 languages (or more)
If all goes as planned I will move to Paris for a couple of years after the summer and I'm already working on one of my languages.
Separate names with a comma.