• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5 Series GT

galenpriv

Reaction score
BMW's continuing to do downhill. This is better than the X6 but what's its purpose? Buy the 5 series estate, or get the X6 if you so desire so own one.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm usually the one to defend BMW designs. But this, well... this just isn't right. I got nothing.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be laughing if it wasn't so sad.

This - this thing - is meant to be a "grand tourer"?
Do the people now working at BMW (or perhaps the people in the marketing department) know what a grand tourer is supposed to be?

This is nothing like a grand tourer. This is like a cross between the misbegotten BMW X6 (the European version of the Pontiac Aztec) and a Volvo AWD wagon. It seems to be like the answer to a question that nobody asked.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love it like I love the architecture along Cherry Hill Lane in Noblesville, Indiana.

turboman808

Reaction score
So this is the future of the auto industry? When the so called cutting edge designers are copying honda and toyota it's time we all start driving classic cars.

This is just unacceptable.

BMW needs to get back to making cool cars. WTF are they thinking?!?!?!

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
pffft what the hell is that crap? If i ever had doubts about switching to MB this made up my mind!

Come on you still got some pretty jaguars and with 500+ hp for all there cars for 2010 they are gonna be pretty sweet.

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
Come on you still got some pretty jaguars and with 500+ hp for all there cars for 2010 they are gonna be pretty sweet.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Jaguar's newest models (XF excluded) nor do I much like the touch screens

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
pffft what the hell is that crap? If i ever had doubts about switching to MB this made up my mind!
+100
I have a 01 540 that will be replaced in the next year and I despise the styling of the current line up of BMWs so much that they're not even under consideration. I don't know what has happened to this company but they seem to be introducing model after model that, rather than inspiring, inspires a "WTF" reaction.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Bangle's Steel Abortion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads