5+1 Annapurna, any comments?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HRoi, Jun 8, 2009.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

so i recently picked up a cashmere sweater by 5+1 Annapurna. it's got a ribbed texture and has a gossamer-thin weave. don't know too much about the quality but i really like how it looked and how nice it felt, so i went for it.

quality feels very high but a very different feel from, say Loro Piana or Brunello Cucinelli.

anyone with experience about this brand? it seems pretty obscure on the internets, and of course the company has a lot of boilerplate...

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's a solid high end, Italian knitwear company. The 5+1 line is a new new, just a couple of seasons old, I think. Where did you get it? The only place I've seen it in in North America is Marc Laurent in Toronto.

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i got it at Filene's, but it has Louis Boston tags on it - not sure if they still carry the label or if it was part of a liquidation.

it's very nice in a casual/streetwear-ish kind of way. and a huge step up in quality from other labels in that space that make similar items (at least that i've seen)

4. foto010101

foto010101 Senior member

5. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

Louis Boston still carries the brand. I was at their sale yesterday and I tried on a 5+1 Annapurna sweater that was a zip up in navy. Seemed to be very nice but it just wasn't my style. Hope you enjoy your sweater.

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

7. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

It is the younger label for Aida Barni and the quality is high.

8. winston

winston Senior member

Is there an Annapurna and a separate 5+1 Annapurna line, or is that just yoox foolishness again?

9. horton

horton Senior member

I'd put them in the very high quality range. The one's I've tried on have been slim fitting and a slight fashion edge, e.g., shorter length when that's in, or stripes.

I have only seen them with the 5+1

10. LA Guy

Is there an Annapurna and a separate 5+1 Annapurna line, or is that just yoox foolishness again?

They are separate lines. 5+1 Annapurna is meant to appeal to the more modern shopper. The knits are typically a little more directional and collection based. The Annapurna line is more "classic" in feel. Both are much less "19th hole executive casual wear" than Aida Barni.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I've tried some 5+1 Annapurna at the local 10 Corso Como; nice, but not warranting purchase.

12. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

They are separate lines. 5+1 Annapurna is meant to appeal to the more modern shopper. The knits are typically a little more directional and collection based. The Annapurna line is more "classic" in feel. Both are much less "19th hole executive casual wear" than Aida Barni.
    Does this "19th hole executive casual wear" you speak of include your beloved half zip pastel cashmere sweater collection?

13. foto010101

foto010101 Senior member

Does this "19th hole executive casual wear" you speak of include your beloved half zip pastel cashmere sweater collection?
    What is meant by "19th hole executive casual wear"?

14. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

It's great stuff, and there is loads of it at the current 75% off Louis sale that started this morning.

15. LA Guy

Yes. I'm sending you the pink cableknit one you were admiring in that store window. There should be enough room in the body to accomodate about an extra 50 lbs, so you'll be able to wear it well into retirement.