1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

4th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Nov 30, 2015.

1. OolongT

OolongT Senior member

Any others still waiting to receive?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  2. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

@Shoeluv Awesome. There should be a second box arriving shortly, if it hasn't yet. Sorry for the delay! Happy Thriftmas!

3. futuremyth

futuremyth Senior member

Quote:Yup, but int'l postage is taking forever right now so I'm not worried. I got a package today that had been mailed Dec. 2!

4. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Senior member

I'm hoping my gift made it. Can't find the damn tracking number to check.

5. TexJake

TexJake Senior member

Huge thanks to @AlexJ1100 for a completely awesome gift box! Very generous and very thoughtful!!

I'll snap a couple pics in a bit to show off some of my new cool stuff, wanted to post official thanks while I had a couple minutes to do so.

Sorry it took me a bit to post that it arrived, been a crazy holiday season so far. Your gift is very much appreciated!! :slayer:

Edit: here's a few quick pics:
    A couple of great ties, Harris Tweed in a superb light heathered blue (that fits perfectly, btw!!) with a very cool lining, and a very thoughtful note.
    [​IMG]

Also, a very nice forest green pocket square, and a pair of amazing and thoughtfully chosen cufflinks that I will definitely enjoy. Not wonderful pictures I'm afraid, but they have a pair of crossed shotguns with a duck flying above.
    [​IMG]

And finally, not pictured are a few good sized pieces of elephant hide that I'll need to come up with a use for (not hard, already have a few ideas...), and some completely amazeballs - no pun intended - Kentucky bourbon filled chocolate balls, which I have been savoring.

Thanks again dude! Great stuff!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    3 people like this.
  6. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Damn @ChetB , I found another box outside this afternoon. A Large FR & Medium FR under the tree... More presents from my Thriftmas Santa then the wife will get me [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

Same here, mine was international and he doesn't post anymore

1 person likes this.
  8. AlexJ1100

AlexJ1100 Senior member

Haha, glad it made it your way! Things just happened to fall into place perfectly when I was given you. Glad its all stuff that you'll be able to use.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thank you so much to @ATLjon for the 1929 yearbook from a pulitzer prize winner and some waffle house swag! (not pictured, extra ebay fodder)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    2 people like this.
  10. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

A huge shoutout to @ChetB for an insanely generous Thriftmas. I received a Large FR & a Medium FR from him and waited until this morning to open it.

First a few accessories

From Left to Right:

Robert Talbott Carmel - Wool (I absolutely love this and it is now in my tie drawer)
    Charvet Silk Tie - (I think this is a first for me a Charvet with no pulls)
    Turnbull & Asser Silk Tie
    PTO Silk - Pocket Square
    Etro Silk - Pocket Square (This is my new favorite square it is gorgeous)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    A few pairs of pants in my size

Ralph Lauren Purple Label wool pants
    Billy Reid - NWT Khakis (I love these and these are now replacing a pair of Peter Millar as my new Goto khakis)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

A few jackets:
    Ermenegildo Zegna - You nailed it here, this thing fits perfect and I absolutely love the colors, this is going in my closet near the top of my rotation.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Samuelsohn Corduroy jacket (This will replace an old Calvin Klien jacket my wife got me a few years ago)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Finally a RRL Jean Jacket, I was sad cause it is a little short on me; then my (almost) 13 year old grabbed it and said this is cool tried it on and it fit him perfectly... Little bastard.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I am stunned by your generosity, impressed that this stuff was thrifted. Most of all I am stoked that most of this I will be keeping and I love it.

Merry Thriftmas all!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    7 people like this.
  11. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Awesome, glad it worked for you! And that your son saw some action too!

Merry Thriftmas everyone.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  12. dazedstate

dazedstate Senior member

I'm having a hard time tagging @irksm, but he hooked up the streetwear. Huge thanks for the rad BoO shirt and gauzy United Arrows zip hoodie. The shirt fits perfect but the hoodie is a little small. My wife likes it though so it'll go to good use. Thanks bud you rock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    3 people like this.
  13. dazedstate

dazedstate Senior member

@IRKSM Thanks man

14. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Yep

15. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

Big thanks to my SS! I miss placed the box, so I cannot thank you by name... I think it came from ATL

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  16. OolongT

OolongT Senior member

Thanks to my SS @Hoofit for the gift. A few ties, a couple of mint vintage Pendleton scarfs and this huge book covering the history of Ralph Lauren's work. Thanks a bunch!

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  17. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior member

Close, but not quite ATL. Enjoy!

18. futuremyth

futuremyth Senior member

Shouts to @330CK, my Secret Santa! I got a dibs on a future find and some of the local FL roast. I plan to be in a pretty sorry state tomorrow so I'm looking forward to a cup!

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. bpk1

bpk1 Senior member

Cross post from thrift thread. Big thanks to @HansderHund and @capnwes for organizing this years Thriftmas Exchange!

I was lucky enough to have @HansderHund as my secret Santa this year, and all I can say is wow!!! Got an awesome set of items including a superb cashmere scarf, tie, Saphir renovateur (which I'm very excited to try out!), and a Beretta jacket (and it fits)!! He also included a handwritten note which is always much appreciated! Already looking forward to next year!

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Shout out to who I assume is @GM-H for the gifts... (I'm basing the assumption on the initials of the sender)

2005 model Patagonia Lightweight Synchilla Vest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fall 2001 model Men's Velocity O2 Shell, which is especially awesome... I have an older one of these which has a busted zipper. Now I'll have two once I get the zipper replaced!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a couple of toques.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.