Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

45rpm's Sorahiko Vs Pure Blue Japan's XX-003

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bruised_lee, Jun 19, 2006.

1. bruised_lee

bruised_lee Member

Hello everybody, didn't manage to search for a related thread, so thanks in advance for giving me your advises. You see, my sister will be going to Japan and I've asked her to get me a pair of either of the titled jeans. Only got cash for 1 of them ..... [[​IMG]] ..... So, which one should I go for? From pics, I think the cuts look similar, and I am looking for a straight (slightly slim, but not tapered) cut, so I think either should fit the bill. I am more concern which produces the better fabric, worksmanship and fades. Thanks guys.

2. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

The question has in some regards been asked, and answered, in the first two posts on this page.

It has been stated elsewhere that some people feel that Pure Blue's current product is superior to R by 45rpm's current product.

I don't have the Pure Blue, but I do have a pair of Sorahikos, and if the PB is better, then you can't go wrong with either.

It comes down to whether you like more "bobbly" texture (Pure Blue) or softer, more understated denim (45rpm.)

3. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

I've tried both on but only own the Sorahiko. It does come down to fit and personal preference. The 45rpm are more straight down drain-pipe. The XX-003 are slightly slimmer but still a relaxed fit (except across the crotch - I tried sizing up and still my boys were in hazardous conditions). I believe I've posted measurements of my Sorahikos on the Jeans Measurement Index thread, so check that out if you like. I personally prefer 45rpm's denim over the "bobbly" PBJ's, but I think the quality is equal.

4. chipopo

chipopo Member

I do have the PBJ xx-003. The fit & cut are very nice and more modern compared with other japanese repros.
    The fabric is "strange". It's like wearing a hairy wheat cracker - probably not everyones taste. I hope they will soften over time. I personally prefer a jeans which feels a lot softer like left-hand tweel Lees or my 1947 Sugarcanes.

5. startmeup

startmeup Member

hey. noob here. what is the starting price on sorahikos in the us store? pbj?

6. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

Sorahikos are $333 in NYC. PB & J, about two dollars, but that varies...

7. startmeup

startmeup Member

[QUOTEPB & J, about two dollars, but that varies...[/quote]
    lol[​IMG] i meant pure blue japan

8. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I don't knwo if Blue in Greene has the XX-003 yet, so not too sure what the US prices for them are. They are probably the only stockist outside of Japan though. Japanese price is 18,000 yen though, compared to 24,150 for the Sorahiko's in Japan.

9. bruised_lee

bruised_lee Member

Thanks for all the valuable replies, guys. Looks like a though a tough choice for me. The nearest 45rpm store for me is in Taipei (Taiwan), but I'm in Singapore, so there ain't much help to at least have a feel at one of them. I lean towards the Sorahikos, but I'm wondering if I'm just going for the brand ...... [​IMG]

10. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

i have the sorahiko's. i like them a lot, but i kind of wish i had waited for the xx-003's instead

11. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Sorahikos are $333 in NYC. PB & J, about two dollars, but that varies...
    I'll make you one for $0.95 shipped if you use the coupon code SFORUM80 on checkout.

12. denimdestroyedmylife

Throw in some fried snake and you've got a deal.

13. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

btw, guys. it's "blue in green" not "blue in greene".

i know, i've screwed it up too because the store is on greene street.

14. denimdestroyedmylife

15. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Named after my favorite Miles song, they carry awesome denim, and the staff is friendly and helpful. It is a dangerous, dangerous place. And it's right next to the Cloak store, so if you ever want to drop a fuckton of money in a hurry, it's like a one-stop shopping extravaganza!