• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

45rpm

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
45rpm is so great. I duck into the Paris shop once in a while and I'm continually amazed (at the prices, of course), but that I would probably wear every item. But the prices...

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
45rpm is so great. I duck into the Paris shop once in a while and I'm continually amazed (at the prices, of course), but that I would probably wear every item. But the prices...

If I could pick one brand to wear for the rest of my life it would be 45 without question.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I could pick one brand to wear for the rest of my life it would be 45 without question.

It would hard to go wrong, but I think their recent collections are on a different level -- more conservative, sure, but the level of craft is higher. But...the prices. I am not able to play in that space.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It would hard to go wrong, but I think their recent collections are on a different level -- more conservative, sure, but the level of craft is higher. But...the prices. I am not able to play in that space.

I have a fairly deep archive of their vintage and the craft has always been unrivaled. As ridiculous as it is to say this, I think the prices are completely justifiable knowing what goes into the garments. I take a lot of satisfaction in knowing that they just don't take shortcuts in design and construction.

Regarding the more buttoned up feel of the last few collections, I spoke at length with the guys in the soho store about this and apparently we will see a shift back to the classic 45 style. Apparently the customer response has been really negative.

Pangolin

Reaction score
Regarding the more buttoned up feel of the last few collections, I spoke at length with the guys in the soho store about this and apparently we will see a shift back to the classic 45 style. Apparently the customer response has been really negative.

Good news. I don't think I've bought a single piece since 2012.

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
Great news, indeed. I do feel like things are starting to move in a good direction again. Maybe I'm just finally accepting my own hippie roots that I rejected for so long but the knitwear game in particular has been on point, at least to my eye (I know, I know, who the hell is looking at knitwear when New York feels like a giant garbage cauldron).

Two stand outs:

This kamue

2018sm_25s.jpg

And this sweater-parka-hoodie thing

408103412_300x300.jpg

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great news, indeed. I do feel like things are starting to move in a good direction again. Maybe I'm just finally accepting my own hippie roots that I rejected for so long but the knitwear game in particular has been on point, at least to my eye (I know, I know, who the hell is looking at knitwear when New York feels like a giant garbage cauldron).

Two stand outs:

This kamue

2018sm_25s.jpg

408103412_300x300.jpg

Yeah this collection has some bangers for sure.

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
Also, recently came across this article from TSinagapore and thought it was worth sharing, as I don't typically see a lot of press of any kind regarding 45. Yasumi Inoue (co-founder and creative director) talks about the company's beginnings and a little bit about their production process. It's definitely a puff piece (published to coincide with the opening of one of the Singapore stores, I'm assuming?) but there were some interesting tidbits here and there.

https://tsingapore.com/article/45r-...lly-found-slow-fashion-yasumi-inoue-interview

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
Yeah this collection has some bangers for sure.
Yup. I liked the look of the navajo tweed kamue as well, and one or two others. Those two were the prize ponies to me, though. That parka...like the love child of a brown's beach jacket and one of those baja beach pullovers (maybe it's just me). As usual, it's 1000 times better in person than online.

stylish_raven

Reaction score

Two stand outs:

This kamue

2018sm_25s.jpg

408103412_300x300.jpg
I like the Kamue better

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot wait for the EU-Japan free trade agreement to come into force, so maybe prices can come down a little.

Edit: where are you guys finding the new collection?

Personally really liked this from their euro webshop:

navajo-border-tshirt.jpg

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
IJReilly, I live in New York so I tend to see things in the store, but the Japanese webshop usually has the new collections up online way before the US and EU sites. They also have a lot of stuff that never makes it overseas. Also worth it to check the Japanese blog from time to time (although it is heavily weighted towards women's for the most part).

I like the Kamue better

I totally get that, I would take the kamue if I had to choose one. In fact, I gave the parka a hard pass when I first saw it online. Different story when I saw it at the shop. I know this has become cliche at this point but it's just one of those pieces that has to be seen/handled/worn to be truly appreciated.

ramdomthought

Reaction score
I hate to add this to the thread, but there's some real good pants and tees on sale right now

i'll offset sale nonsense with the fact that the first ss19 lookbook has been posted.

Textiles look absolutely unreal, already more interested in this short teaser than I was last spring/summer.

1.jpg

3.jpg

12.jpg

24.jpg

13.jpg

26-500x635.jpg

36-500x635.jpg

Also have to say that I've been really surprised with the unisex line as a replacement for some of their other lines (RIP umii) in a great way. Pants and knits from the line as "elevated (read: interesting) basics" have worked really well for me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads