1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

45rpm

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NickPollica, May 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NickPollica

NickPollica Distinguished Member

I saw that jacket on the rig by the door last week. It is INSANE.

It's funny I just got my hands on about 10 of their old catalogues from the early 2000s and have to agree that things were a lot less tame then. The level of quality hasn't changed but the the overall vibe has. These days it seems like it's mostly sportcoats and woven shirts. I've always been most drawn to their sweaters and outerwear.

2. Shirts Anderson

Shirts Anderson Senior Member

For real. The way the staff tells it, it sounds like the conservative direction isn't down to a shake up with the design team or anything like that; they're just getting older and their tastes are changing. Who knows if that is true, but it would make sense.

Speaking of sweaters, I got to see pics of a few of the pieces that are coming down the pipe this winter and there are a couple knits that look really promising, including a hand knit cowichan. Price tag on that one is going to be bananas, I imagine.

3. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Distinguished Member

It is INSANE. Amazing. Beautiful. It is also $7200. Even taking full account of everything that was said about manufacuturing processes and quality earlier in the thread, this is COMPLETELY INSANE. Have they only made 3 of them or something?

4. NickPollica

Have you seen it in person? I would never buy it but I would argue that it is more art than clothing and people pay a lot more than that for art.

5. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Distinguished Member

No doubt. And I would buy it and wear it and love it - could I afford it. My view of 'art' like this is very much influenced by my wife's Japanese attitudes to craft more generally: it should be used. Sadly, in this case, I will never get the chance.

6. abcdefghijkl

abcdefghijkl Member

NickPollica,
    Are those Eidos Morgan cords?
    Funny thing is, my story parallels yours, but the Morgan pants are sold out in my size (32) at Unionmade by the time I saw it last month. And I've been searching for something similar with no luck!

7. NickPollica

Yep - that's the Morgan in indigo corduroy. Sometimes RRL or Mister Freedom runs indigo cord but they tend to be style more like workwear.

8. Shirts Anderson

Quiet on here again...anyone up for a trade? I have a couple pieces from last season that I am realizing I probably won't ever wear, one of which is this:
    [​IMG]

It's waxed cotton, lined in wool and denim. Made in Scotland.
    https://45r-usaonline.com/collections/mens/products/4112020

This jacket deserves a good home, but I am unfortunately not the one to give it the love it needs.

9. NickPollica

What else you got??

10. Shirts Anderson

11. Valfunde

Valfunde Well-Known Member

What are the chances there are a decent amount of fakes up on g-railed/ebay? Bought this little number (https://www.g-railed.com/listings/3840408-45rpm-45rpm-Snap-Button-Shirt) and see it is shipping from Malaysia.

Also the other 45 rpm items are selling rather too cheap perhaps? Doesn't help several other sellers seem to have the same detail/pay/ship info as well.

12. dkboze

dkboze Well-Known Member

Was wondering this recently too

13. NickPollica

definitely not fake, just really really old.

14. Shirts Anderson

New lookbook for summer 18 has been up for a little while. I'm liking the new off-the-cuff direction of the photography.

I kind of want to be this bald gentleman-artist when I grow up...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The women's side gets the more interesting fabrics and prints as has been the trend, although this piqued my curiosity:

[​IMG]

Also, for anyone still following this thread, does it kind of seem like they are slowly replacing the men's stuff with their new unisex 908 line?

15. piyasil

piyasil Member

Just came across this thread, I recall the nice corduroy jacket back then when I got a chance to shoot 45R shop in Tokyo. Roughly in 2014 if I remember correctly. Thought it might be the one @NickPollica was talking about.

DSC_0751.jpg