• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

45rpm

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry to see this thread fizzle out...I ducked into the New York store recently and I can report that after a somewhat lackluster spring and summer (my opinion, granted), the fall is showing some signs of life. The eastern shirt is back, which I am always glad to see. Also really digging this denim coverall and painters pant:

The highlight has to be this indigo homespun tweed jacket:

This jacket has to be seen in person to truly be appreciated. I'm sure the amount of work that goes into something like this is staggering (I leave it to someone with a lot more knowledge than myself to expound further), and honestly, this isn't even a piece I have much interest in wearing. But god damn, it sure is beautiful.

Looking forward to seeing what other goodies roll out as the temps start to drop.
I saw that jacket on the rig by the door last week. It is INSANE.

It's funny I just got my hands on about 10 of their old catalogues from the early 2000s and have to agree that things were a lot less tame then. The level of quality hasn't changed but the the overall vibe has. These days it seems like it's mostly sportcoats and woven shirts. I've always been most drawn to their sweaters and outerwear.

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
For real. The way the staff tells it, it sounds like the conservative direction isn't down to a shake up with the design team or anything like that; they're just getting older and their tastes are changing. Who knows if that is true, but it would make sense.

Speaking of sweaters, I got to see pics of a few of the pieces that are coming down the pipe this winter and there are a couple knits that look really promising, including a hand knit cowichan. Price tag on that one is going to be bananas, I imagine.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that jacket on the rig by the door last week. It is INSANE.
It is INSANE. Amazing. Beautiful. It is also $7200. Even taking full account of everything that was said about manufacuturing processes and quality earlier in the thread, this is COMPLETELY INSANE. Have they only made 3 of them or something?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It is INSANE. Amazing. Beautiful. It is also $7200. Even taking full account of everything that was said about manufacuturing processes and quality earlier in the thread, this is COMPLETELY INSANE. Have they only made 3 of them or something?
Have you seen it in person? I would never buy it but I would argue that it is more art than clothing and people pay a lot more than that for art.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you seen it in person? I would never buy it but I would argue that it is more art than clothing and people pay a lot more than that for art.
No doubt. And I would buy it and wear it and love it - could I afford it. My view of 'art' like this is very much influenced by my wife's Japanese attitudes to craft more generally: it should be used. Sadly, in this case, I will never get the chance.

abcdefghijkl

Reaction score
Speaking of haunting my dreams...they made this yarn dyed indigo corduroy trouser a couple fall's back that was sold out in my size by the time I saw it. The fabric was amazing. I searched everywhere for something similar and came up short. Funny enough, the next season I went to my Takihyo (a Japanese fabric agent that represents a few mills that produce for 45) appointment and ended up finding a very similar quality (maybe the same) so we are running it as suit separates for this coming fall. It was one of the only things I ordered for myself ahead of time.

View attachment 793028
NickPollica,
Are those Eidos Morgan cords?
Funny thing is, my story parallels yours, but the Morgan pants are sold out in my size (32) at Unionmade by the time I saw it last month. And I've been searching for something similar with no luck!

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
NickPollica,
Are those Eidos Morgan cords?
Funny thing is, my story parallels yours, but the Morgan pants are sold out in my size (32) at Unionmade by the time I saw it last month. And I've been searching for something similar with no luck!
Yep - that's the Morgan in indigo corduroy. Sometimes RRL or Mister Freedom runs indigo cord but they tend to be style more like workwear.

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
Quiet on here again...anyone up for a trade? I have a couple pieces from last season that I am realizing I probably won't ever wear, one of which is this:

It's waxed cotton, lined in wool and denim. Made in Scotland.
https://45r-usaonline.com/collections/mens/products/4112020

This jacket deserves a good home, but I am unfortunately not the one to give it the love it needs.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
New lookbook for summer 18 has been up for a little while. I'm liking the new off-the-cuff direction of the photography.

I kind of want to be this bald gentleman-artist when I grow up...

The women's side gets the more interesting fabrics and prints as has been the trend, although this piqued my curiosity:

Also, for anyone still following this thread, does it kind of seem like they are slowly replacing the men's stuff with their new unisex 908 line?

piyasil

Reaction score
Just came across this thread, I recall the nice corduroy jacket back then when I got a chance to shoot 45R shop in Tokyo. Roughly in 2014 if I remember correctly. Thought it might be the one @NickPollica was talking about.

DSC_0751.jpg

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.