1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

42Rs in need of a sportcoat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Jan 24, 2005.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

A 41R, but in my experience they run a hair big. So a 42R would fit perfectly in this coat. Made in Italy Golden Fleece for only $55. I will be disappointed if a Forum member doesn't own this by midnight tonight.

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

3. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

Any versatility to the first item listed (navy). Looks like a suit missing a pant. I've been needing something that could be almost as versatile as a navy blazer, how versatile would this be?

4. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

The first coat seems like a great deal, but based on the measurements it is probably a better fit for a 41 rather than a 42 (i.e. the chest is only 44").

5. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Pretty versatile, in my opinion. It goes with everything that a solid navy blazer would go with, but it adds a bit of pattern for interest.

I doubt this is an orphaned coat -- I've never seen a GF suit in this fabric, and it looks like a standard sportcoat fabric to me.

6. shoreman1782

Against my better judgment, I bit. Seller sent me some more pics, they were v. cooperative - I guess they get genuine outlet type stuff, not just 346 factory store merch. That's just too cheap for a miser like me to pass up. If it truly is too tight I usually wear 42r - it'll pop up here. I also think it's likely not part of a suit. Content tag says it's part silk, and I have a hard time imagining BB doing pants in a silk herringbone windowpane. If only it weren't single vented... As for the suit link I posted earlier, I think that suit is pretty damn old, but it is kinda cool. I'm not buying it [​IMG] EDIT: Thanks jn3.

7. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

It was 1" too long, otherwise I would have bought it. I'd agree that it's not part of a suit-due to appearance and fabric. Very versatile, and you know you stole it. Hopefully, this will take some of the sting out of losing the Isaia auction. [​IMG]

8. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

Shoreman,

You beat me to it by only a few minutes. I was going to bite. Should it not work for you, PM me. I would also be interested in the additional pictures they sent you should it come to that.

Good luck. I'm a size 41R for Brooks Brothers items, so you may have a selling outlet should it not work for you.

9. shoreman1782

The length did throw me a bit, but we'll see how it fits. JohnMS, if it's not for me, you've got dibs. I'll try and give a good appraisal and post some pics.

Still hurting from the Isaia loss - what I've really been hunting for is a suit..

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I actually like to wear navy suit jackets with odd trousers, I prefer the buttons to not be brass, which are quite common in blazers, especially ones from BB. One outfit that I've used quite frequently is a navy with royal blue windowpane blazer by Belvest, with a black/blue bengal striped express premium shirt, I think it looks quite good with black pants/shoes.