• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$4290 tom ford boots wtf???!!

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i picked up a couple of pairs of tom ford boots one has a price tag of 4290 while the other is in the mid 3000 range. Doe anyone know who makes these boots to justify 25% of the pricetag
biggrin.gif
the first pair is the expensive one
sarcasm.gif

tomford005.jpg

tomford009.jpg

tomford008.jpg

tomford012.jpg

003.jpg

second pair is black leather
dec11months021.jpg

dec11months022.jpg

dec11months023.jpg

dec11months024.jpg

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SW&D argument:

Well, the leather is very difficult to find in this quality, the seams have the designer trademark so as to optimize the walking experience, and see that lacing detail there? Only Italian artisans can thread them to that design.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Joe Cool

Reaction score
Don't Tom Ford suits retail for 8 or 9 G's? What's so hard to believe about 4 thousand dollar boots?

Xenon

Reaction score
Hard to believe these are tom ford as they are quite unimpressive, rather shapeless & blobby looking. The sole treatment lacks the typical ford beveled waist.

Now to actually find a piece of suede that big (or small) is extremely easy (think leather sofa - calfs are still fairly big creatures). The actual quality of the suede is difficult to tell from the picture though.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why you would even pick these up is beyond me.

personal wear?

to flip for a profit? .....good luck with the sale.
cheers.gif

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG there are expensive things! Alert the forvm!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can you talk about your rugs?

Edit: I think Carmina based on the finishing. Looks similar to my Rider Boots. Also, the inside shot of the one looks to be blake stitched (or rapid), which also reinforces the Italian factory assumption.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
SW&D argument:

Well, the leather is very difficult to find in this quality, the seams have the designer trademark so as to optimize the walking experience, and see that lacing detail there? Only Italian artisans can thread them to that design.

I've never heard anyone in SW&D bring up quality when talking about an item that extravagant.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't like the color of the boots in the first pic.

emptym

Reaction score
For that kind of money, I'd much rather have a custom pair from DWFII. His original SF thread here. For a quarter of it, I'd rather have a pair from Dehner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads