• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

42 Cambodian midget fighters VS An African Lion

playdohh22

Reaction score
Guess who wins... BBC NEWS | World | Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight From 2005 Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng. The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters. Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine." This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted. An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city’s coliseum. The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena. The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back. Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they “… could out-wit and out-muscle [it].” Unfortunately, he was wrong.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I read this and saw a parallel between one average DTard, versus 42 CE troals.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder who would be picked if it came up for nomination?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would have paid to see this though. I love lions and midgets freak me out.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I would have paid to see this though. I love lions and midgets freak me out.

If you've ever seen a lion kill even an antelope I can guarantee that you wouldn't want to witness him hunting a human.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
If you've ever seen a lion kill even an antelope I can guarantee that you wouldn't want to witness him hunting a human.

Yes that is disgusting.

How about 42 Cambodian midgets in a closed cage fight with Mike Tyson?

Sure sell out as a Don King production.

fleet on feet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BC2012
http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/lionmidget.asp

Fake story.

buzzkill
frown.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Yes that is disgusting.

How about 42 Cambodian midgets in a closed cage fight with Mike Tyson?

Sure sell out as a Don King production.

Probably a similar outcome.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I was so ready to take a bus over there. I love that country.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
I was so ready to take a bus over there. I love that country.

Is it more of a **** show than Vietnam?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
absolutely. Cambodia makes Vietnam look like a model of civilisation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics