1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

40L versus 42R for Younger Male

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by grosegre, Jan 1, 2013.

1. grosegre

grosegre New Member

Hello StyleForum!

My advanced apologies if something similar has already been answered. As an athletic, 6'3" 23year-old male I've been having difficulties finding the proper suit size. My previous suits are a 40L, but this is a challenging size to find and still require some alterations. I find 42R, especially with Boss/Versace, fit nicely around the waist (32-33), but are often sightly short.

I've been several times that the trend is for shorter suits, which makes the 42R more easily workable. Is this true?

Thanks for the input.

2. mhdena

mhdena Senior member

You're to tall for a regular, forget the trend.

3. ajmanouk

ajmanouk Senior member

Trust man, go with the right fit. If you're a 40L, you're a 40L.

4. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

Measure your chest, that should be your size.