1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

$400 HOLLAND & SHERRY italy GRAY PLUM wool silk linen JACKETING 2.5 yds

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by mack11211, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack11211

mack11211 Distinguished Member

This cloth is from the Holland & Sherry Crystal Springs collection, designed for summer jacketing. The fabric composition is wool, silk and linen.

The cloth was ordered for a client of Ercole's, a bespoke tailoring shop in Manhattan and Brooklyn. But it was never used.

Listed price is for one jacket length, 2.5 yards. The total length is 5 yards on the ticket. I measure at 188 inches in length. The width is the standard 60 inches. So there are two lots of slightly more than 2.5 yards. If you wish an entire suit, buy both!

The Holland & Sherry website describes the colorway as dark gray/mock glen plaid, and gives the composition as 60% superfine merino 100s, 37% linen, and 3% silk. I would estimate the fabric weight at 10 oz/yard.

In general, the average man (size 40 to 42R us) will need 2.5 yards for a coat, 1.5 for a pair of trousers, and 1 for a vest (slightly more for plaids). Check with your tailor for recommended yardage for your body size.

Retail on this jacket length would be north of $400. My low starting bid includes free shipping in the US; international shipping is discounted.

Attached Files:

2. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.