• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

4 days in hongkong, need a suit...

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had my suits made in 5 days.

They look great.
Kai: If I'm not mistaken, you've had quite a few suits either MTM or custom, with this experience, I'd bet YOU could get a good suit that quick. It seems to be this guys first time, so I doubt he could give the tailor qualified direction or pick the right fabric or styling details.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems to be this guys first time, so I doubt he could give the tailor qualified direction or pick the right fabric or styling details.
My friend who got the 4 or 5 day suit from WW Chan had never ordered custom before, and it worked out just fine.  

I'd hazard a guess that styling issues would be minimal if you trust them and just follow the prevailing trend.  When finalizing an order I always ask what most of their customers are ordering lately, and it never seems to be outlandish or out of the ordinary.  I'd bet that the greatest portion of their business is probably 2- or 3-button notch lapel coats with flap pockets, and double reverse pleated pants with cuffs.  It would be pretty hard to get out of their shop with some kind of NFL draft day suit--unlike a lot of other shops in TST.

HK shops, at least the more expensive ones, work very fast and have a lot of shop capacity, especially if they know you are coming. Ascot Chang once brought me 6 shirts in less than 24 hours.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kai,June 10 2005,17:04
I had my suits made in 5 days. They look great.
Kai: If I'm not mistaken, you've had quite a few suits either MTM or custom, with this experience, I'd bet YOU could get a good suit that quick. It seems to be this guys first time, so I doubt he could give the tailor qualified direction or pick the right fabric or styling details.
Chan was my first bespoke experience. I do think it helped that I knew something going in about proper fit, fabrics etc. and was able to communicate this to them. I also think it helped that what I wanted was basically their "house" style (traditional English cut.) Â If I was expecting a cut of suit that deviated significantly from their house style, things might not have turned out quite so well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads