1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

4.5 EEE Dress Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by josiahsiung, Jul 27, 2011.

1. josiahsiung

josiahsiung Active Member

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  2. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I really doubt it even being possible. The lowest I've seen adult shoes go is 6, and crazy widths in that size are going to be even harder.

3. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

I'm officially going to need a picture of your feet.

Not because I'm weird, but because that is about the most unusual shoe size I've ever heard about.

4. kev777

kev777 Senior member

If you look on ebay there are some size 5 Lobbs floating about and i hate to say it but Ascot Shoes on there has small sizes you may wish to contact them.

5. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

6. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

+1. Can you add a quarter for scaling purposes?

7. josiahsiung

yeah, i'm confused about my feet size as well. So the full story is this: I wanted to buy AE Park Avenues. Went to Nordstrom's, had the manager size my feet - he told me I was 5D and he had to order through the custom shoe size program.

to get a second opinion, I went to the local AE store yesterday to ask about their custom shoe size program and had an employee there size my feet as well. THIS employee told me that my foot size was 4.5 EE to EEE - which of course blew my mind as well. He said that he wouldn't want to sell me the 5D (lowest size the custom size program offers) because he didn't want to purchase something that wasn't correctly suited to my feet...

However, shouldn't I trust the AE guy more? I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. I think I might go into the store again and ask another employee to size my feet.

8. josiahsiung

also, i'm looking for oxfords. a standard classic dress shoe like the AE Park Avenues or a similar style to that.

9. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Alden special order.

10. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

OP, contact Moulded Shoe in Manhattan. They have an incredible inventory and specialize in unusual sizes. They work closely with Alden.

11. comrade

comrade Senior member

Try Hitchcock Wide Shoes. Except for a few models not very high quality.

http://www.wideshoes.com/

12. trenoire

trenoire Member

If all else fails, you might also look into Tauer & Johnson. They make shoes to order, I have a pair of the "Bond Street" model made from the "American" last in cordovan with the flex sole. On the plus side, this is a very comfortable, very well made pair of shoes for the money. This last is not 'sleek', many on SF would call them blobby and they really don't have any label appeal that I've heard of. As an owner of dress shoes from the likes of Ferragamo, Bruno Magli, To Boot, Allen Edmonds and Paul Smith I can confidently say that if travelling to a conference or trade show (lots of standing/walking & suit wearing) - these are the shoes that I'd take. Good luck in your search!

13. josiahsiung

will Alden's be able to produce in my size? Because the AE special order apparently only goes to 5D as the smallest size

14. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Just out of curiosity how are you just now figuring out your size? Like what size shoes have you been wearing up to this point?

15. josiahsiung

these are the first pair of decent dress shoes that I want to buy. i have otherwise always been wearing sneakers/vans in size 6.

16. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior member

Please post pictures of your feet!

17. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

If you are set on RTW/MTO it might just be easier to get a 5D shoe and use insoles.

18. josiahsiung

rtw/mto?

19. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

RTW = Ready to Wear, e.g. you buy it off the rack
    MTO = Made to Order, you order it to a specific [general] size, width, color, last, combination of features

20. josiahsiung

yes that is what I am looking for. I don't want to have a completely bespoke shoe, or rather I don't think I can afford right atm.