• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

4.5 E / 4.5EE dress shoes (oxfords)

josiahsiung

Reaction score
Hello,

Having trouble finding a pair of shoes that fit my feet. Basically, I'm wondering: where can i get 4.5 E / 4.5EE dress shoes (oxfords)? After having physically been to the stores and tried on the shoes at Crockett & Jones, Aldens, Allen Edmonds, and Johnston & Murphys, they all have nothing in my size. Crockett & Jones, however, has a bespoke program ($1,250), but I am not willing to pay that much.

I'm open to suggestions. Please let me know where i can find a decent pair of shoes that fit my feet.
My price range is flexible, it is more important that the quality is within the range of J&M on the low end and C&J on the high end.

Thanks,
Josiah

EDIT: I am fine going MTM since I feel like that's the only way I can get shoes that fit correctly. If there are bespoke options near the 600 dollar range then that may work to, but doubtful that such options exist.

Last edited:

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's your height out of curiosity? Perhaps you if you a see a 5 or 5.5; you can add an insole

sns23

Reaction score
boy's shoes. I cannot imagine any major brand carrying men's shoes so small.

Last edited:

josiahsiung

Reaction score

boy's shoes. I cannot imagine any major brand carrying men's shoes so small.

As i said:

My price range is flexible, it is more important that the quality is within the range of J&M on the low end and C&J on the high end.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boys shoes.

seriously. I doubt anyone will have a last modifiable for mtm in that size.

Your only real option is bespoke, and thats gonna be expensive as ****.

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

boys shoes.
seriously. I doubt anyone will have a last modifiable for mtm in that size.
Your only real option is bespoke, and thats gonna be expensive as ****.

Haha. I'm starting to think it wouldn't be a bad idea to start a shoe company making decent quality dress shoes for people with really small feet and really big feet.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha. I'm starting to think it wouldn't be a bad idea to start a shoe company making decent quality dress shoes for people with really small feet and really big feet.

market is really too small for that.

I just can't imagine a grown man with shoes that small.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
even if you could find a quality shoe in 4.5 ... i don't know if you can find a E/EEE width
that is just a huge outlier
the shoes are probably as wide as they are long

Last edited:

Mike147

Reaction score
I would give these guys a call:

http://www.wideshoes.com/

Company called Hitchcock. Looks like they start with a size 7 but seems to accommodate widths. Perhaps they will build something for you in a 4.5 EEE

I would check out boys sizes for sure - see if you can get something in a E. Also - call the guys at Eneslow in NY and see if they have any suggestions....

At the end of the day - I hope you can find something ready to wear, however, I think you need to be prepared to shell out some real cash and go MTM. AE might do it for you on a single pair - contact their customer service.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello,
Having trouble finding a pair of shoes that fit my feet. Basically, I'm wondering: where can i get 4.5 E / 4.5EE dress shoes (oxfords)? After having physically been to the stores and tried on the shoes at Crockett & Jones, Aldens, Allen Edmonds, and Johnston & Murphys, they all have nothing in my size. Crockett & Jones, however, has a bespoke program ($1,250), but I am not willing to pay that much.
I'm open to suggestions. Please let me know where i can find a decent pair of shoes that fit my feet.
Thanks,
Josiah
EDIT: I am fine going MTM since I feel like that's the only way I can get shoes that fit correctly. If there are bespoke options near the 600 dollar range then that may work to, but doubtful that such options exist.

can you post a picture of your feet next to a ruler?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads