• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

supduck

Reaction score
So I got a pair of 12BSP at the sample sale and I noticed the selvedge is kind of messed up on one leg.
http://imgur.com/a/BThJO
First pic is of the messed up leg, second pic is of the other leg.
They said sample sale items are final sale, but I'm pretty bummed about this. Do you think this is worthy of an exchange?

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here are the pics, these are not normal fades. Basically white streaks, and there was no bleach or white/lite colors in the washer.

I bought a pair of gray 3sixteens through B&S early this year and the guy had just washed them and the same thing had happened, though a little differently.

I washed them myself to see if it was detergent or something, but it didn't come out. Then it got weirder: I dyed them but you could still see the streaks through the dye job. I posted about it in the DIY thread.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/235763/the-official-and-awesome-diy-thread/795#post_6188308

mike1445

Reaction score
yep, the guys called mythbusters on all the ocean washing, never washing garbage. just wear them and when you need to wash them, turn them inside out.

ajchen

Reaction score

So I got a pair of 12BSP at the sample sale and I noticed the selvedge is kind of messed up on one leg. http://imgur.com/a/BThJO First pic is of the messed up leg, second pic is of the other leg. They said sample sale items are final sale, but I'm pretty bummed about this. Do you think this is worthy of an exchange?

Hey - this is an easy fix. You can bring it to any tailor and they can open the selvedge back up and rehem the jeans. Sorry about that, but all sales were indeed final and there are no exchanges. The good news is that you got a pair of $250 jeans for more than 50% off and it's just a $5 fix at most. Thanks for the support and enjoy the jeans.

Dill

Reaction score

We're looking at Mid-June for our next delivery of Shadow Selvedge. What cut and size are you looking for? We can try to help you track one down.

Thanks for the help. I'm looking for some SL-120x in size 32, but I can/should probably wait until the restock. I ripped my trusty KMW 1980s this weekend and in a grief stricken state, ordered some Momotaros.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

also, what temperature water did you wash them in? i have seen this with black pants when it's washed in the machine, not inside, on a more aggressive cycle in warm/hot water. 

Washed it on cold

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a pair of gray 3sixteens through B&S early this year and the guy had just washed them and the same thing had happened, though a little differently.

I washed them myself to see if it was detergent or something, but it didn't come out. Then it got weirder: I dyed them but you could still see the streaks through the dye job. I posted about it in the DIY thread.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/235763/the-official-and-awesome-diy-thread/795#post_6188308

Yup, same thing.

Bummer looks like ******** them up not washing inside out.

$230 wasted. Live and learn.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't call it wasted; i'd call it a diy opportunity. bleach 'em a little and see what happens, or if it's not that noticeable from afar, just wear 'em anyway

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just got in my 3sixteen st-120x that i actually bought at retail nobody messaged me to get a proxy for sample sale. i can say at retail or even a small discount these seem worth the money. i support made in usa and so far i would say for made in usa denim these are excellent.

i have owned samurai, pure blue japan, studio d'artisan, apc, kapital, and iron heart. its hard to find a nice fitting quality pair of denim with a higher rise which i like.

i just wished they would have left the back pocket patch natural leather and the back pockets are a bit big for a size 28 creating the illusion that my butt is fabulous when i in reality have no butt? but maybe that was the intended design idea.

now i used to own pure blue japan 007 which most people know the color is excellent so are the fades but the FIT is BALLS you have to size those things to the thighs and nothing else. the fit on these are exactly what i was expecting very good :slayer: color is beautiful, i just hope these fade really nice i haven't seen a lot of evolution for fades for these for some reason or the straight leg version.

now if i could find a good shirt brand for made in the usa i'd be set.

JilSlander

Reaction score
i just got in my 3sixteen st-120x that i actually bought at retail nobody messaged me to get a proxy for sample sale. i can say at retail or even a small discount these seem worth the money. i support made in usa and so far i would say for made in usa denim these are excellent.

i have owned samurai, pure blue japan, studio d'artisan, apc, kapital, and iron heart. its hard to find a nice fitting quality pair of denim with a higher rise which i like.

i just wished they would have left the back pocket patch natural leather and the back pockets are a bit big for a size 28 creating the illusion that my butt is fabulous when i in reality have no butt? but maybe that was the intended design idea.

now i used to own pure blue japan 007 which most people know the color is excellent so are the fades but the FIT is BALLS you have to size those things to the thighs and nothing else. the fit on these are exactly what i was expecting very good
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
color is beautiful, i just hope these fade really nice i haven't seen a lot of evolution for fades for these for some reason or the straight leg version.

now if i could find a good shirt brand for made in the usa i'd be set.
SL-120x fades:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/116057/3sixteen-denim-series-bracelets-shirts/1320

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jil i saw that one already little off topic but that guys pair the straight leg version but it looks like slim taper on him.... i bought slim taper and it looks like straight legs on me.... lmao

back pockets also clearly show too big for that mans back side.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
those uneven streaks look ******* awesome. what is wrong with you people?

scoobydrew

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'd like some help for a fellow denim newbie like myself.

I've owned/worn a pair of Unbranded UB101 (Skinny Cut) for a year now and it's definitely got me hooked on raw denim. I'm in the market for another pair in a similar cut and have been reading that 3sixteen is pretty good.

I wear a size 31 in Unbranded UB101 and it fits pretty well. Thighs and legs aren't too tight. Only thing that I'd like is for the legs to taper a bit more. According to BlueOwl measurements, I'm a size 30 for the ST-100x, which is consistent with what I've read about sizing (size 1 down). Since BlueOwl offers hemming for free when you purchase a new pair, I'd like to take advantage of that offer and get the sizing right the first time.

Before I pull the trigger, I have a couple of questions:
- Has anyone made the jump from Unbranded UB101 to 3sixteen ST-100x?
- If so, did sizing down 1 work well?
- How much do these stretch in the thighs, legs, and waist (if any)?

Thanks for any feedback.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi guys,

I'd like some help for a fellow denim newbie like myself. 

I've owned/worn a pair of Unbranded UB101 (Skinny Cut) for a year now and it's definitely got me hooked on raw denim. I'm in the market for another pair in a similar cut and have been reading that 3sixteen is pretty good. 

I wear a size 31 in Unbranded UB101 and it fits pretty well. Thighs and legs aren't too tight. Only thing that I'd like is for the legs to taper a bit more. According to BlueOwl measurements, I'm a size 30 for the ST-100x, which is consistent with what I've read about sizing (size 1 down). Since BlueOwl offers hemming for free when you purchase a new pair, I'd like to take advantage of that offer and get the sizing right the first time. 

Before I pull the trigger, I have a couple of questions:
- Has anyone made the jump from Unbranded UB101 to 3sixteen ST-100x?
- If so, did sizing down 1 work well?
- How much do these stretch in the thighs, legs, and waist (if any)?

Thanks for any feedback.

If you're in San Francisco why not just come to Self Edge and try them on? You can also get them hemmed for free in-store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads