• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

giveitaway

Reaction score
my sl-100x

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so first pair of Raw Denim, the ST-100X Indigo.

I'm confused about what to do for the pre wear soak. Should I sit in the Tub for an hour or 2 with them on in hot water, inside out?

Cheers
Fox

lckychrmsbboy

Reaction score
No need to soak, just wear them man. Only un-sanforized denim should be soaked before you wear them

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No need to soak, just wear them man. Only un-sanforized denim should be soaked before you wear them

Well, that's dissapoointing. I was hoping they'd shrink to be a bit skinnier around the calfs :(

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will shrink a bit.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is going to be my first pair of raw denim so I was looking for some help. I don't have any stores around me to try them on and the sizing seemed confusing to me after reading about if the jeans stretch or not etc. My measurements of my body are:
Waist = 35"
Hips = 35"
Thigh = 23.5"
Calf = 14"

My main concern is that I don't want the thighs to be really tight, but I want a more fitted look but definitely not skinny jeans. Any suggestions to styles and sizes would be great.
good question

I have similar dilemma

I bought sl100x in size 32. Fit snug on waist and backside at first but are now perfect however they remain quite snug on my thighs and look "skinny fit" when Id prefer a fitted look too

I love the denim but just wish i had more thigh-room ... if i size up to 33 im concerned that it will be too loose in the waist but perfect on the legs. Unsure what to do

menofcharisma

Reaction score

good question

I have similar dilemma

I bought sl100x in size 32. Fit snug on waist and backside at first but are now perfect however they remain quite snug on my thighs and look "skinny fit" when Id prefer a fitted look too

I love the denim but just wish i had more thigh-room ... if i size up to 33 im concerned that it will be too loose in the waist but perfect on the legs. Unsure what to do

Size for the thighs. I went true to size on my 34 ST-120X shadow selvedges. I can't explain how happy I am that the thighs fit--it makes a world of difference. After a month and a half of wearing them, the waist has stretched out a little but nothing crazy.

JL77

Reaction score
Hey dudes, Andrew and I are doing an AMA tomorrow at Noon EST on Reddit. Come by and ask us something ridiculous!

click here

Reaction score
I've had a pair since April 2011, wearing them about once a week. How come they are still stiff? I've washed them around 5 times

pdxvegan

Reaction score
Ive had a pair of SL-100's for 11months that I wear 5ish days a week, they've been cold soaked 3 or 4 times and they're still stiff too. Def softened up a bunch, but still stiff. I always figured it had to do with the weave and weight of the denim.

Big Texas

Reaction score

I've had a pair since April 2011, wearing them about once a week. How come they are still stiff? I've washed them around 5 times

Raw denim in moderate to heavy weights is never going to soften up to feel like lightweight, non-raw denim. It's a thicker cloth, and it's inherently stiffer.

I have several pairs of 3sixteens in my rotation. The first pair is about a year and a half old. I used to wear it about once every other week (non-casual workplace), but since switching to a jeans-friendly workplace, I've started wearing them about twice or three times a week. Only now have they begun to soften up a bit. No soaks or washes yet, either, so the starch is still there. At any rate, even when I do get around to washing them, I'm not expecting them to come out feeling like cotton bedsheets or anything.

SL-100s are a 14.5oz denim, if memory serves (too lazy to look it up at the moment). This isn't a 21oz set of chainmail or anything, but it's certainly a heavy cloth. It's a bit closer to the original, workwear-intended denim of the olden days.

Last edited:

bLaZ3n

Reaction score
dope fades.. what style is this?

New to the 3Sixteen brand, but I'm interested in buying a pair..

Currently I have a pair of APC NS in size 30.. which 3Sixteen denim has a similar fit to the APC NS?
puzzled.gif

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
SL would most definitely be closest to NS, though coming from a 3 year old pair of New Standards I'm a fan of my slim tapers - the difference isn't massive but its a bit closer to the leg throughout.

We've just received a restock in holes in our inventory for Indigo in both SL and ST along with some Shadow Selvedge, which is soon to be on back order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics