1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. pdxvegan

pdxvegan Well-Known Member

I've have ST-100's (34), SL-130's (33), and 30bsp's (33). Using BIG measurements all three are right around 17.5 in the waist and 12.5 in the thigh after frequent wear. I love all the cuts and am amazed at the quality and difference of each.

2. gstephen70

gstephen70 Well-Known Member

After having rolled them up after a few wears, I decided to roll them up higher. Then I noticed the lines in the denim from where they were rolled. So I figured this was a job for my steamer. I turned the jeans inside out and flattened out the leg. As I applied steam, I pulled the denim to keep it's shape.

I was pleasantly surprised. Seems like the hot steam actually caused the denim to contract, thereby reducing the inseam. I measured and sure enough they are now 35". I can live with this length. 37" was just too long. 35" offers nice stacks and no need to roll them up.

Just wanted to pass along my findings. Keep in mind, YMMV. I used a Jiffy Esteam ($69). Nothing fancy.

3. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Thanks for the tip off - I'm having a pair of jeans made with a 35" inseam, but this may stack too much for me...I just asked for this length to allow for shrinkage.
    If they're too long after washing I'll try steaming them!:)

4. Fiv216

Fiv216 New Member

My apologizes for the photo quality (no lighting in my apartment & first time really using a DSLR) & possible stupid question.
    This is my first pair of raw denim, these jeans are my work horses but after browsing the thread a bit I've never seen anyone else with this issue

[​IMG]

as you can see the bottom right corner of the leather pack has started lifting up, not sure if this is normal or not? only 5~ months of casual wear.

5. ajchen

ajchen Senior member

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  6. Fiv216

Fiv216 New Member

Thanks ! email sent,

thumbs up for great customer service. It's becoming a rarity these days

7. gstephen70

gstephen70 Well-Known Member

Just a follow up to my previous post, I have now worn the ST-130's for a couple of weeks straight (even slept in them a few times). No soak, no wash. They have conformed to my body quite well. However, I want to advise others that though these are marked 36, they fit me comfortably, and I run a 38-39 inch waist. Currently 37.5 - 38". They've stretched a bit, so I guess I'll be soaking or steaming them once they start needing a belt.

Just a heads up. I'd keep this in mind when ordering.

8. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

I'm torn between 3 pairs of jeans for my next pair (I Have to break my jeans ban!!!)

1)Momotaro - custom jeans made from Japan Blue heavyweight denim - great fit but thick as a carpet!
    2)custom jeans from Kaihara denim - better fit but am too impatient to wait "years" to fade (although the results are spectacular!)
    3)3sixteens from the new collection - really they're sizing up so they won't be a great fit, but the denim looks so good I almost don't care

On 5th Feb 2014 I started a jeans ban until 2016 but reading a denim forum every night just makes you want to own trillions of pairs of jeans!

Hopefully I'll get new jeans on my birthday or for Christmas this year, and just buy a couple of pairs next year.

That's good for me - I broke the last jeans ban 24 times!!!!

I think I want the 3 sixteens even if they're too big....the denim is gorgeous and the cuts are great (all of my custom jeans have been made from the pattern of a worn to death pair of 3 sixteens:):):))

9. Russ R

Russ R Member

If anyone wants to trade their 34 st's for my new 33 st's I posted a thread in the bst section. I miss my old pair and thought these would work but I gained some weight.

10. Russ R

Russ R Member

Or just sell me some used beat up ST's in a 34 let me know

11. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Hurrah!!

New jeans!!!!

My parents are buying me a pair of 3sixteens for my birthday!

I'll post pics when I get them..they'll be a bit big, but I couldn't say no to such a great present!:):):)

1 person likes this.
  12. 1989thenumber

1989thenumber Senior member

I concur. I had a button pop on my 3Sixteens. New buttons were dispatched swiftly. Great service.

13. Bonney

Bonney Senior member

The Sl 130 is working great

14. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Great - do you have any pics?:)

15. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

My 3sixteens have arrived!

My birthday isn't until Saturday, but I had to check them for size..going to be living in these natural Pima cotton denim jeans:):):)[​IMG]

16. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

3sixteen+ Natural Pima Cotton Slim Tapered Jeans & Darn-It!'s Special Tie-Dyed Edition

We'd like to interrupt the usual dark, heavy, selvedge denim news with something a little different. We're releasing our first non black or indigo jean. 3sixteen+ has released a new skinny fit jean for women in a natural un-dyed and unbleached Cone Mills pima cotton denim in their 77BSP fit. This jean starts out off-white and will age as it darkens naturally. The jean can be bleached or washed to get it back to its original state, or you can wear it until it looks like a mechanic's smock.

We've then taken ten pairs of the 577BSP jean and had Rain Delisle, Darn-It!'s master tailor, tie-dye them in various colors in San Francisco. Each jean was dyed individually using Procion MX colors to create its own pattern and color so no two pairs are alike. These are limited to ten pairs and available via email, phone order, or in-store at SESF for $295 a pair.

Check the online store for a full spec list, high-res photos, and measurements for the 577BSP jean.

Shop 3sixteen+ Online

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  17. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Are the grey pair (no 1) or the blue pair (no 8) size 25" please?

18. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Tagged 25" or measure 25" in the waist? They run half a size smaller than the normal undyed ones.

19. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tagged 25"

Mine are the undyed 25", and I love them, but they're big, I'm really a 24"!

If either are tagged 24/25" I'd like to buy them:)

20. Bonney

Bonney Senior member

I really like the undyed