• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

borderline

Reaction score
Just bought the 3Sixteen+ 21BSP slim tapered indigo from Self Edge. Awesome service, awesome jean, but I did a trial and error on the sizing and now have a pair of 32/36 soaked/not worn/not hemmed for sale, check my signature for details.

druffs

Reaction score
damn...i wear a 31 in their regular line (st-120x)... those would probably be too big, i'm guessing? did you do a cold soak or hot?

ajchen

Reaction score

Kiya/Andrew:
The new 3Sixteen + left hand twill jeans seem to not have a chain stitched hem in the on line pix. Is this right?
Also, can you give some guidance on fit? After a soak, will these fit like a pair of SL 100x?
Thanks
Joe

After a soak they will fit like the SL-100x, they are based off the same cut. That being said we did make some slight modifications to our SL cut last year so they might be slightly slimmer than the ones you've bought in the past. They don't have a chainstitched hem from the factory but we will be happy to put one on the jeans for you. Stop by SENY sometime and we can size you correctly.

jimtology

Reaction score
How is the fit on ST-100x in the current run? I bought the ST-210 when it first came out and it became a tad bit too snug in the knee and tapered too much. It looks like( from the measurements) that the ST's are fuller now?

meego

Reaction score
Im looking for a new pair of black jeans, is there a notable difference between the aging of the raw blacks vs the overdye blacks?

how are the overdye blacks constructed? are they are pair of black jeans with an added layer of black overdye added on top that will eventually rub off?

and according to what I understand, the black blacks also wont fade?

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my 2 year old 3sixteen Heavyweight Golden belt in top right hand corner

2hmmq11.jpg

breakHARD77

Reaction score
I'm always a little apprehensive buying things online, so I would very much appreciate any input here. I'm considering buying a pair of either the SL-100X or the SL-120X. As someone who normally wears a 31x30 in Levi 514s, would you guys think that sticking with a 31 waist would be the best option with the SL's? FYI I'm 5'10 and 165 lbs. Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited:

druffs

Reaction score
i would measure the waist on your jeans currently and buy an inch or so under that, since they'll stretch. 31 is probably a good choice - i am about the same size and that's what i went with (for ST model, similar measurements though)

my 31s now measure about 34" in the waist - have not soaked them at all yet though.

xander_horst

Reaction score
Just received a new pair of SL-100x. Wonderful as always. Seems the back pockets got bigger and lower since the last go round. Anyone else notice this or am I hallucinating?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received a new pair of SL-100x. Wonderful as always. Seems the back pockets got bigger and lower since the last go round. Anyone else notice this or am I hallucinating?

I thought the exact same thing when I got mine!

xander_horst

Reaction score

I thought the exact same thing when I got mine!

What do you think the chances are they'll return to the smaller/higher back pocket style? I'm not crazy about jeans that look like they're sagging even when they're pulled up to my chest.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Andrew about this a few months back. If I remember correctly, Andrew told me they tweaked the fit of the SL 100s a bit b/c they were getting to be too smiliar to the STs. This tweaking may have caused what we're seeing.

Andrew didn't mention that they were planning to go back to the old style for the SLs.

He did mention a more classic cut coming out towards the end of the summer...a bit higher of a rise and less slim in the legs.

Ketawa

Reaction score
FWIW I have SL-100x purchased in January and ST-120x purchased in May, both tag 36. The pockets measure the exact same distance from the top of the waistband to the top of the pocket. The ST pockets measure about 1/4" longer and the same width, so they are a tiny bit larger. Basically unnoticeable difference between the two.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads