1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Recently washed my SL-120X’s, used Woolite dark, there was no bleach or any residue in the washing machine, and my jeans came out with small white spots, and streaks. Not all over, or really noticeable from a distance, but looking at them closely you can clearly see it.

Anyone experience early white fading form their SL-120X’s? Really bummed about this, I contacted 3Sixteen, but have not heard back yet.

2. dEX

dEX Senior member

So what was the average price of those jeans at the LA sale?

3. trig

trig Senior member

they said all jeans were $100 i believe.

4. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

post a pic if you don't mind. i'm considering giving my shadows their first wash soon but now i may hold off a little longer...

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  5. TheSoonest

TheSoonest Senior member

T
    yeah post a pic. It sounds you might just be describing normal fading and vertical fading in jeans. It's also going to be more pronounced in these jeans bc the weft is black so there is a more distinct contrast

6. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Here are the pics, these are not normal fades. Basically white streaks, and there was no bleach or white/lite colors in the washer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. GSafternoon

GSafternoon Well-Known Member

Did you wash your jeans inside out? Those sorts of weird fades used to show up on my jeans when I'd forget to turn em inside out.

8. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I did not.

So I am I fucked? Damn, I hope not.

9. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

CORRECTION

These are the SL-220X's, double blacks. That is why I am even more surprised with these random white fades.

10. TheSoonest

TheSoonest Senior member

also, what temperature water did you wash them in? i have seen this with black pants when it's washed in the machine, not inside, on a more aggressive cycle in warm/hot water.

11. supduck

supduck New Member

So I got a pair of 12BSP at the sample sale and I noticed the selvedge is kind of messed up on one leg.
    http://imgur.com/a/BThJO
    First pic is of the messed up leg, second pic is of the other leg.
    They said sample sale items are final sale, but I'm pretty bummed about this. Do you think this is worthy of an exchange?

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I bought a pair of gray 3sixteens through B&S early this year and the guy had just washed them and the same thing had happened, though a little differently.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I washed them myself to see if it was detergent or something, but it didn't come out. Then it got weirder: I dyed them but you could still see the streaks through the dye job. I posted about it in the DIY thread.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/235763/the-official-and-awesome-diy-thread/795#post_6188308

13. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

yep, the guys called mythbusters on all the ocean washing, never washing garbage. just wear them and when you need to wash them, turn them inside out.

14. ajchen

ajchen Senior member

Hey - this is an easy fix. You can bring it to any tailor and they can open the selvedge back up and rehem the jeans. Sorry about that, but all sales were indeed final and there are no exchanges. The good news is that you got a pair of $250 jeans for more than 50% off and it's just a $5 fix at most. Thanks for the support and enjoy the jeans.

15. Dill

Dill Senior member

Thanks for the help. I'm looking for some SL-120x in size 32, but I can/should probably wait until the restock. I ripped my trusty KMW 1980s this weekend and in a grief stricken state, ordered some Momotaros.

16. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Washed it on cold

17. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Yup, same thing.

Bummer looks like I fucked them up not washing inside out.

$230 wasted. Live and learn.

18. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

i wouldn't call it wasted; i'd call it a diy opportunity. bleach 'em a little and see what happens, or if it's not that noticeable from afar, just wear 'em anyway

19. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i just got in my 3sixteen st-120x that i actually bought at retail nobody messaged me to get a proxy for sample sale. i can say at retail or even a small discount these seem worth the money. i support made in usa and so far i would say for made in usa denim these are excellent.

i have owned samurai, pure blue japan, studio d'artisan, apc, kapital, and iron heart. its hard to find a nice fitting quality pair of denim with a higher rise which i like.

i just wished they would have left the back pocket patch natural leather and the back pockets are a bit big for a size 28 creating the illusion that my butt is fabulous when i in reality have no butt? but maybe that was the intended design idea.

now i used to own pure blue japan 007 which most people know the color is excellent so are the fades but the FIT is BALLS you have to size those things to the thighs and nothing else. the fit on these are exactly what i was expecting very good :slayer: color is beautiful, i just hope these fade really nice i haven't seen a lot of evolution for fades for these for some reason or the straight leg version.

now if i could find a good shirt brand for made in the usa i'd be set.

20. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

SL-120x fades:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/116057/3sixteen-denim-series-bracelets-shirts/1320