• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3sixteen: "Shadow Selvedge" ST-120x & SL-120x
7962000.1b.JPG
7962000.7b.JPG
We are excited to see the newest denim release from 3sixteen to arrive, the "Shadow Selvedge." The 3sixteen SL-120x "Shadow Selvedge" denim features a custom made fabric which is exclusive to 3sixteen. The fabric is made by Kuroki Mill in Okayama, Japan. It is a 14.5oz high slub selvedge with an indigo dyed warp and black weft which will fade to a high contrast electric blue color with a lot of variation. 3sixteen Slim Straight 14.5oz "Shadow Selvedge" Denim in Indigo/Black - Model SL-120x * The 3sixteen SL-120x is a slim straight fit which has a slim silhouette, a medium rise, runs slim in the thighs, and has a slight taper from the thigh to the leg opening. * Fabric is sanforized, expect minimal shrinkage * 100% cotton * Tanner 3mm thick leather patch stained to a dark cognac color * Chainstiched hems and waistband * Belt loops sewn into the waist band * Gun metal finish custom engraved rivets and buttons * Red and white selvedge * Hidden selvedge coin pocket * Tonal stitching * Selvedge detail along button fly * Fabric made in Japan, denim sewn in USA * Available in sizes 28 through 36
7962000.2b.JPG
7962000.3b.JPG
7962000.5b.JPG
7962000.6b.JPG
Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7962000 3sixteen Slim Tapered 14.5oz "Shadow Selvedge" Denim in Indigo/Black - Model ST-120x * The 3sixteen ST-120x is a slim tapered fit which has a slim form-fitting silhouette, has a medium/low rise, runs slim in the top block and thighs, and has a strong taper from the thigh to the leg opening. * Fabric is sanforized, expect minimal shrinkage * 100% cotton * Tanner 3mm thick leather patch stained to a dark cognac color * Chainstiched hems and waistband * Belt loops sewn into the waist band * Gun metal finish custom engraved rivets and buttons * Red and white selvedge * Hidden selvedge coin pocket * Tonal stitching * Selvedge detail along button fly * Fabric made in Japan, denim sewn in USA * Available in sizes 28 through 36
7962001.2b.JPG
7962001.3b.JPG
7962000.4b.JPG
7962001.1b.JPG
Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7962001 More details can be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/01/3sixteen-145oz-shadow-selvedge-denim-st.html

GSafternoon

Reaction score
Just got my pair of Shadow Selvedges in ST-120x. The denim is very interesting, but not exactly what I'd expected. Having never bought a pair of 3Sixteens before, I'm not sure what realm of the denim world they fall but I'll say, this denim is very soft, only slightly stiff, and has a very smooth feel. Not really slubby whatsoever, smoother than APC denim, KMW denim, and many of N&Fs denims. Because of this, they definitely would function well as classier, formal jeans before they start to fade. The fit is absolutely spot on, probably one of the best fitting jeans right out of the box I've ever had. Waist could definitely stretch out, but thats just cuz I'm tall, so these low rises are rough. I tried taking some photobooth pictures, but they came out ******. I'll try to take some good detail and fit pics when I get the chance. And finally, thanks to Jay for once again great customer service.

Ketawa

Reaction score
I ordered the SL-100x in size 34 from Self Edge's online store recently, but I'm thinking I need to size up one to make them fit. I'm 6'5", ~205-210 lbs and have really high hips and long legs. The top of my hips are actually slightly above my navel. After looking through Self Edge's online store, it seems like the only brands with an inseam long enough for me that aren't too skinny are 3sixteen, 3sixteen+, and Iron Heart.

Unfortunately, size 34 is skintight on me from the crotch to just above the knee. They're tight enough that they go halfway down my butt when I sit down, since they can't go any higher. It sounds like the denim has a tighter weave than it used to and they won't stretch enough with repeated wear.

I wanted to get a second opinion real quick. Should I just go up one size? Should I wait for the 3sixteen+ 11BSP to be back in stock? Should I go with Iron Heart? (They might be a little out of my price range for a first pair of raw denim)

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether they still make the ST-210s? They don't appear on the 3Sixteen or Self Edge web sites.

Also, are they actually shiny, like they appear in some pictures, or are they just overdyed, like the 211s? I always assumed the former based on the SE stock pictures, but they didn't look shiny at all in some other pictures in this thread.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Does anyone know whether they still make the ST-210s? They don't appear on the 3Sixteen or Self Edge web sites.
Also, are they actually shiny, like they appear in some pictures, or are they just overdyed, like the 211s? I always assumed the former based on the SE stock pictures, but they didn't look shiny at all in some other pictures in this thread.

Those have been discontinued so they won't be restocked.
The fabric is slightly shiny because it's resin pressed, not overdyed.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any comments on the stretch in a pair of sixteens? I tried on a pair of SLs in 31&32 and the 32 fit a bit better but measured about to be a tad smailler than my natural waist of 34", so if they stretch much they will be too big (which i hate)

should i exchange for another 32 that actually measures out to 33 like it should?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Those have been discontinued so they won't be restocked.
The fabric is slightly shiny because it's resin pressed, not overdyed.

:confused: Well, thanks for letting me know. I guess they were too awesome to keep making, eh?

aarice

Reaction score
I recently picked up a pair of size 31 ST-100x's, just looking to get some advice on the fit. Here are the pictures:

Apologies for the photo quality. They seem a bit tight in the thigh and the pockets seem a bit low. Will this get better as they stretch or should I size up to a 32?

Thanks in advance.

SeanathonHuff

Reaction score
Those should stretch out fine in a matter of 2-3 weeks. I'd keep them unless you are very uncomfortable in them and can't wait that long.

buddythelion

Reaction score
Just got my pair of Shadow Selvedges in ST-120x. The denim is very interesting, but not exactly what I'd expected. Having never bought a pair of 3Sixteens before, I'm not sure what realm of the denim world they fall but I'll say, this denim is very soft, only slightly stiff, and has a very smooth feel. Not really slubby whatsoever, smoother than APC denim, KMW denim, and many of N&Fs denims. Because of this, they definitely would function well as classier, formal jeans before they start to fade. The fit is absolutely spot on, probably one of the best fitting jeans right out of the box I've ever had. Waist could definitely stretch out, but thats just cuz I'm tall, so these low rises are rough. I tried taking some photobooth pictures, but they came out ******. I'll try to take some good detail and fit pics when I get the chance. And finally, thanks to Jay for once again great customer service.

Pics please? I'm thinking of ordering these as well. Is the soft a bad thing? How's the color and fading potential?

Tico

Reaction score
Just curious, is there any way to identify if a pair of 3-sixteens used the denim from the Kuroki mills? I got a pair of ST-100's from ian in Seattle and was wondering if they used the old or new denim.

datniche

Reaction score
I'd love to see some more pics of the shadow's...anything that can show a hint of how they age

GSafternoon

Reaction score
your wish is my command. bout the extent of my fades so far

Oh and the softness is not an issue, these jeans are dope. Fading potential looks pretty nice as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads