1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

Mine are tagged 32 inches and measure 34.6 inches....

2. Rocko

Rocko Member

I just bought a pair of SL-100x in 32. They we're pretty tight at first and I was admittedly a little worried that they weren't going to work. However, 3 days of wear have gotten them to a wearable state and I'm sure they'll only get better with time. I have to say, these jeans are extremely well made and feel great to the touch. My only gripe, as I believe others have pointed out, are the back pockets placement/size. They run a bit too far down my leg and are much deeper than any pockets I've ever had before. This makes for a bit of discomfort when sitting on hard surfaces for a long time, and getting my wallet out is sometimes a pain.

I'll post some picks in a few days, but just thought I'd share my excitement.

3. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

Agree withe the back pocket comment, however I'm sure I'll survive with that. Only current concern is that they may stretch too much.

4. Rocko

Rocko Member

Is pocked moving/resizing a common jean tailoring practice?

5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Does anyone else with indigo/indigo get a little mental about fuzz and dust showing up?

6. evolution5v1

evolution5v1 Member

Any word on when th[FONT=verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif]e "Classic Straight" cut is coming out?[/FONT]

7. sazon

sazon Senior member

^ +1
    Word.

I was in SENY this week and was told Sept timeframe.

8. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

kiya said 120s will be in the SE webstore sept 1, probably a common delivery date

9. ajchen

ajchen Senior member

Yes - they are on the cutting table now and will hopefully deliver in early September.

10. ZVincler

ZVincler Active Member

A quick picture of the honeycombs of my SL-100x. Seven months of wear. Just had their first wash recently by accident. Had them on the floor of someone's place and they decided to do laundry in the morning. Using regular detergent (probably too much) and they weren't even turned inside out [​IMG]. oh well

[​IMG]

11. suubz

suubz Member

I just read this a couple hours ago and he makes some valid points. I'm seriously thinking about getting a pair soon.

Don't worry, I think they still look pretty good.

12. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

I'm considering grabbing a pair of the SL-120x shadow denim when blueowl gets them back in stock. Since this is a new run will there be any changes to the overall design/shape of the denim?

I've read that 3sixteen has a tight denim weave and you can only get .5-1" of stretch in the waist? Is this accurate? I have to order online as there are no stores near me that carry 3sixteen and want to make sure I get the right size...

Can anyone compare the 3sixteen denim to that of Naked and Famous LHT? Those are my only other pair of raw denim and I love them...but I'm excited to get a second pair to rotate in. The shadow denim should differ in color from the LHT from what I see in pictures, correct? What about fade pics?? I haven't seen anybody post a legit fade pic of the shadow denim...

Thanks!

13. GSafternoon

GSafternoon Well-Known Member

as far as I know, no one has posted up any sort of significant fades on the shadows. As far as sizing goes, you'll definitely need to size up at least 1 from a N&F Weird guy. If I recall correctly the LHTs ran pretty big as well, that on top of the minimal stretching, I'd say possibly size up 2, depending on the fit youre going for.

14. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

I'll figure out the fit based on the measurements on blueowl and self edge once the new denim is in stock. I just need to be sure i account for the proper amount of stretching.

Is the shadow denim relatively new? Is that why there aren't any real fade pics yet?

I just read something saying that 3sixteen is extremely soft denim...it's still rigid enough to form creases and get decent fades correct? I mean I've seen fade pics but reading that it is super soft sounds kind of strange for raw denim...

15. trig

trig Senior member

I have a pair of st-100x from 2 years ago that stretched a good 2" in the waist (no more than that though). so i'm not sure about 3sixteen struggling to stretch much.

as for shadow denim, it came out 8 months ago. they just posted on their tumblr several days ago some fade shots.

http://3sixteen-nyc.tumblr.com/post/29667451283

16. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

a few runs ago they tightend up the denim weave i believe. everything from late 2011 til now seems to say .5" - 1" of stretch max I think.....hoping to have somebody in the know confirm that.

thanks for the fade pic.

17. mustbethejohns

mustbethejohns Member

[​IMG]

Does this photo show a new style from 3sixteen? Found the photo on the 3sixteen tumblr.

18. de291

de291 New Member

Can anyone tell me how the Slim Tapereds compare to APC Petit Standard? I have the APCs now, but I'd like something that is a drop bigger in the leg but not too much. I am worried that the STs will be too big.

19. GSafternoon

GSafternoon Well-Known Member

the STs are similar in the thigh I would say a size smaller PS, but has a bit larger rise (thankfully), the taper from knee to leg opening is not as drastic as the PS I would say, but its not massively different. All in all, the ST is a better cut imo, the rise on the PS is just brutal for a tall dude like me.