3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Brood_Star

Brood_Star Well-Known Member

^shoutout to them. only worthwhile shop in ottawa.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  2. quasky

quasky Senior member

^shoutout to them. only worthwhile shop in ottawa. picked up a doublewrap bracelet today

straight up. really nice guys running that joint. i'm just in town for the holidays, was very pleased to find it. any idea what their policy on exchanges is? the more i wear these STs, the more i'm thinking i should've gone tts.

3. ajchen

ajchen Affiliate Vendor

Great to hear that the guys at Reap & Sew did right by you; we're happy to have them onboard with us.

@Quasky: As for your question about stretching in the thigh, it'll take a little bit of time but you should notice a fair bit of stretch in the next two weeks if you are wearing them consistently. It sounds like you're just wearing them around the house right now, so they may not have had a chance to stretch out. If the thighs are pretty much painted on, you should exchange for the 30's... if there is a little bit of room (i.e. you can pinch 1" of denim from your thigh) but you'd like there to be more, then give it two weeks of wear and you'll be good to go.

4. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Which measurements for the ST-210 are correct? The measurements from the SelfEdge site or the 3sixteen site?

For example, the LO for size 31 is 7.1" on SelfEdge, while it's 7.5" on 3sixteen's site.

5. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

Apologies for the n00b question, but I just got my SL-100s. I believe these are sanforized, correct? As such, I don't need to do a soak before I wear them?

6. tooshay

tooshay Senior member

Apologies for the n00b question, but I just got my SL-100s. I believe these are sanforized, correct? As such, I don't need to do a soak before I wear them?

I'd soak regardless.

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I have a 3Sixteen henley, and I like it, but the tag is kind of itchy. I tried taking it out with a seam ripper, but the thread is pretty tough and the stitches are close together. The shirt material is also pretty fine, so I feel like I'm going to mess it up if I'm not careful.

No question, really; just a suggestion to make the tags easier to remove.

8. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

I threw mine on right out of the box, and havn't looked back!

9. ajchen

ajchen Affiliate Vendor

As the other folks have mentioned, it's good to go right out of the box. IF you want to do a soak, it's not a bad thing (it strengthens the denim) but there's no need to do so for sizing purposes.

10. quasky

quasky Senior member

Great to hear that the guys at Reap & Sew did right by you; we're happy to have them onboard with us.

@Quasky: As for your question about stretching in the thigh, it'll take a little bit of time but you should notice a fair bit of stretch in the next two weeks if you are wearing them consistently. It sounds like you're just wearing them around the house right now, so they may not have had a chance to stretch out. If the thighs are pretty much painted on, you should exchange for the 30's... if there is a little bit of room (i.e. you can pinch 1" of denim from your thigh) but you'd like there to be more, then give it two weeks of wear and you'll be good to go.

thanks for the advice. went up to the 30s - glad i did.

also, the stadium jacket is totally fucking dope. tried it on a couple weeks ago - feels and looks awesome.

11. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

As the other folks have mentioned, it's good to go right out of the box. IF you want to do a soak, it's not a bad thing (it strengthens the denim) but there's no need to do so for sizing purposes.
    Thanks AJ. It's actually really nice to have someone represent the line speak on here. I appreciate the attention you're giving to individual customers. These are my first pair of quality denims and I'm pretty excited about them. I stopped by Self Edge a few weeks ago to inquire about APC and the guy there kindly put me onto why APCs are a bad buy, and why I might want to consider something else. After some research, it seemed that with not that much more of an increase in price, I could get a pair of 3sixteens. I appreciate that you don't have to play sizing games with these in the way you do with APCs, as they stretch much less. Looking forward to wearing these tomorrow. If they work well, I might have to get another pair before you guys end up raising the price.

12. Guyute

Guyute Senior member

curious as to why APC's are a bad buy...? Not disagreeing...I wouldn't buy them, just curious what were some reasons... the stretch/fit thing or something else?

13. ltb

ltb Senior member

^ Price increase puts them in the same price range as a lot of quality brands (3sixteen being one of them). It's true that the whole sizing down issue isn't as pronounced with some of the brands in that range, but you're going to have that issue when you're dealing with unsanforized denim, though there's not as much of that in the high $100s range.

14. puzzle

puzzle Member

hi, i got a ST-210 jeans. However, the rivets were not the customized one ( just a normal rivets). Also, the inner tag did not include the model number but just where is it from and the material used. It is means that the jeans are form the older batch?

15. dimsum

dimsum Member

I have read a few posts from people who have the leather bracelets and complain of them falling off. Can anyone give me some opinions on this? I'm on the fence about buying one if there's a good chance it'll fall off. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    On a side note, I just ordered a pair of SL-100x, can't wait to start breaking them in