3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. APK

APK Senior member

They've got 'em in gray this year, too.

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Question for the collective...searched the thread, but still a bit confused.

Looking to pick up a pair of SL100s, and can't decide if I should get 32s or 33s. My true waist is 33, but I typically need a thigh of at least 11.75. So, should I go with the 33s, which would be the best fit for my thighs but potentially loose in the top block post-stretch, or go for the 32s and hope that the thighs stretch enough?

If it's helpful, APC Rescues in size 30 have worked well for me in the past.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

3. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

I believe the Self Edge thigh measurements are taken 1" below the crotch (as opposed to right at the crotch). I think the 11.5" measurement on the 32 translates to about a 12" measurement at the crotch.

I am a true 32 and the waist on my SL-100x measured 31.5" new, and the thigh (at the crotch) was ~11.75". These were a tagged 30 but they have modified the cut and measurements since then, so I don't know how applicable they are; however, if I were to purchase another pair I would go with a 31 based on the current measurements.

I would recommend you to go with a a 32.

4. maltess

maltess Senior member

This is a brand new size 30, and the tight measurement is 11.5, it says 11 in the SE chart. Could you guys please tell me if I have to size up? or I will be fine at some point? right now I can buttom but is very tight kind regards
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ajchen

ajchen Affiliate Vendor

maltess - you're in the right size. give them two weeks and they will stretch out comfortably.

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Really appreciate the help, and good to know about SE's method for thigh measurements. Sounds like 32 is right for me.

7. maltess

maltess Senior member

maltess - you're in the right size. give them two weeks and they will stretch out comfortably.
    are you sure? , I never had this kind of experience before (sizing down folowing a chart) and I am afraid this will end up still very tight, my ass is pretty tight right now. is being able to buttom up the rule to be safe? kind regards

8. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

9. that_was_easy

that_was_easy Senior member

Also re-releasing the stadium jacket, I believe. Navy and tan/khaki/sand/ colorways.

10. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

are you sure? , I never had this kind of experience before (sizing down folowing a chart) and I am afraid this will end up still very tight, my ass is pretty tight right now. is being able to buttom up the rule to be safe?

kind regards

1) If there is only one person you should listen to for advice on 3Sixteen, it's Andrew (ajchen). [​IMG]

2) Mine stretched out comfortably after wearing them in the house for a day or two. Initially, I could just about button them up (I picked a day when I didn't pig out, which was hard), and now they are more comfy, including the ass area. I just need to get them chainstitched but am not able to get them done locally. [​IMG]

11. maltess

maltess Senior member

All right, I will do that, thanks a lot guys for your help

12. ajchen

ajchen Affiliate Vendor

Sorry, those are pretty much out of stock; we won't be making any more of them.

where can i kop one of those field blazers in L? they look amazing but out of my size on the site [​IMG]

http://shop.3sixteen.com/collections...ld-blazer-navy

13. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

any recommendations on sizing for that field blazer? I cannot find measurements on the site..... i might be able to squeeze into a medium. I wear M or L in most clothes....

14. Funksy

Funksy Senior member

Received my ST-100's today and would appreciate an opinion on the fit.

I got them in a 31 (true waist size). In my opinion, they fit pretty well in the hips, but there is definitely a good inch, maybe 1.5 inches in the actual waist. Standing straight, there is definitely some loose material in the back.

Opinions?

Oh, and this being my first pair of quality damn, I'm frickin impressed. Doubt I'll be able to go back after this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. skyline

skyline Senior member

Received my ST-100's today and would appreciate an opinion on the fit.

I got them in a 31 (true waist size). In my opinion, they fit pretty well in the hips, but there is definitely a good inch, maybe 1.5 inches in the actual waist. Standing straight, there is definitely some loose material in the back.

Opinions?

Oh, and this being my first pair of quality damn, I'm frickin impressed. Doubt I'll be able to go back after this.

exchange it for a 30, or even a 29 if you want it to fit real slim. it's best to go by the waist measurements when sizing rather than the tagged size.

for reference I have a 30" true waist and wear a 28 in the ST-210.