3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Munchy

Munchy Active Member

Anyone notice the 3sixteen denim promo shots on tonight's episode of How To Make It In America while the main guy tries to give the pattern maker an dea of the classic cut he wants for his line...

2. APK

APK Senior member

Is the stock on the 3Sixteen Web site kept at SENY?

3. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Is the stock on the 3Sixteen Web site kept at SENY?

Nope, that's separate from both SE stores and is kept in 3sixteen's online order fulfillment center in Southern California.

4. ajchen

ajchen Affiliate Vendor

Anyone notice the 3sixteen denim promo shots on tonight's episode of How To Make It In America while the main guy tries to give the pattern maker an dea of the classic cut he wants for his line...

Good eye. Those are indeed our jeans...

[​IMG]

(original image here)

Funny story - Rob Weiss (executive producer) actually came into Self Edge New York while they were filming for "How to Make it in America" on Orchard St. last fall. I don't think he realized that he stumbled upon one of the most relevant stores to his new show...

5. DGP

DGP Senior member

I'm thinking about buying the black coated slim jeans, and am trying to figure out sizing. My actual waist is about 33 and my hips (where I wear my jeans) are a 34. I have some Helmut Lang raw jeans from last season in a 30 that are perfect, a couple pairs of Rag & Bone RB15 in a 32 that are a good size and some APC Rescue in a 28 that have loosened up fairly well and are pretty good all around. My Acne Mics in a 32 are a bit big and I had to wash them to try and get the waist a bit smaller. Oh, and I spent some time trying Naked and Famous Weird Guys, and I'm a 31 in those.

Are the sizes listed on Self Edge's website accurate in everyone's experience? Also, what's the stretching like? I can't decide between a 30 and a 31. I'm guessing they don't stretch like APCs, but how tight should I be buying these.

Sorry for the longish post, but I want to get this right seeing as quantities look low and the online retailers seem like they only do returns for store credit (plus it's always nice to get things right the first time [​IMG]). Thanks!

6. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

I think I'm a pretty similar build, and I ordered a 30. Guess I'll find out tomorrow how the fit is...

FWIW, I have some Rag & Bones too (but the 23) and also have a 32.

I'll post tomorrow how they fit, that might help, though I, too, am curious about the stretching.

7. mondayc

mondayc Senior member

Were the winners of the denim contest ever posted? I didn't see any updates on the 3Sixteen blog.

8. taco

taco Active Member

Any idea how much the ST-300 Raw Grey Denim will stretch? My hips measure 31 where I wear my jeans. APC NS size 28 stretched to 32+ within a couple weeks and need a belt. I could have gone 27 on the APCs. According to Self Edge, 3sixteen slim cut in size 29 has a 30.5 waist and would be loose if they stretch more than an inch. The 28 waist measures 29 but would need to stretch 1.5+ to be comfortable.

9. obnavox3

obnavox3 Senior member

I'm not sure to whom this should be directed but is a 21oz version of 3Sixteen jeans in the works?

10. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

I'm not sure to whom this should be directed but is a 21oz version of 3Sixteen jeans in the works?

No, there is not.

11. 42LONG

42LONG Senior member

Can anyone tell me if and whn the black coated denim will be available in Strait Leg? Might have to pick em up if they do!

12. applegreen

applegreen Active Member

Looked around a bit and couldn't find much in the way of sizing down on the ST-210 black coated. I'm between 29-30 true waist - according to measurements, the 29 seems right on, but I thought I saw people sizing down 2. Is that just for people who want a slimmer fit? They seem pretty slim as is.
    Also with the ST-210 - will a soak (hot or cold, no detergent) take off the coating?

13. yyliew

yyliew Member

nope not yet, I think they've been busy with their show in vegas and stuff. I'm sure it'll be over the forums and their blog once they've got it

14. 42LONG

42LONG Senior member

nope not yet, I think they've been busy with their show in vegas and stuff. I'm sure it'll be over the forums and their blog once they've got it

Dude, your fit pics after 7 months look GREAT! The fit looks great. I like the look of the slims too but dont think they would look right on me being 6'4" 200 pounds.

15. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

Dude, your fit pics after 7 months look GREAT! The fit looks great. I like the look of the slims too but dont think they would look right on me being 6'4" 200 pounds.
    They might work, depending on what waist you buy. I'm 6'1, 170 and my problem was that they were skin tight in the thigh. Everything else was fine. If you have a thicker upper body and relatively thin legs (so you fill out the top block but have some room in the thigh) they might work well.