• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
Agreed with everyone the FW IG shots are all so good.
Really love the duck camo over shirt !

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only thing I'm hesitant about with the ranch jacket is the chest pocket seems really high. Sort of throws the balance off for me, if that makes sense.

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
Really impressed with the F/W collection. I will be definitely checking out the Olive Type 3s and some of the Stadium Jackets.

TennesseeWill

Reaction score
Y'all, quick question on the 3sixteen Heavyweight Hoodie. How large/flimsy/fitted is the hood?

I ask because I'd like to layer it under a leather jacket, but 3sixteen got rid of the drawstrings. Having formerly worked for Patagonia, I found drawstrings to be an absolute necessity when the temperature drops. Otherwise you end up with the hood over your eyes or your hood just flies off when windy. I'd like to avoid that, so thought I'd ask what your experiences are with the Heavyweight Hoodie hood before purchasing.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Medoc

Reaction score
Y'all, quick question on the 3sixteen Heavyweight Hoodie. How large/flimsy/fitted is the hood?

I ask because I'd like to layer it under a leather jacket, but 3sixteen got rid of the drawstrings. Having formerly worked for Patagonia, I found drawstrings to be an absolute necessity when the temperature drops. Otherwise you end up with the hood over your eyes or your hood just flies off when windy. I'd like to avoid that, so thought I'd ask what your experiences are with the Heavyweight Hoodie hood before purchasing.

Thanks!

I have the grey and black heavyweight hoodies and they are some of my most worn and favorite articles of clothing. You bring up a good question about the hood and I think I have some good news. I've layered those hoodies in super cold and windy conditions (think SF ocean beach at night) and had no trouble with visibility or the hood flapping off. The material is indeed super heavyweight so the hood tends to stay put once set on your head. It is oversized so if you put it all the way forward it could restrict vision, but when stationary I find it comfortable. It's one of those hoods that covers like your entire head and sides and that is naturally going to restrict some vision but it's intended to be that way. Place it in a spot that's comfortable and allows for good vision and it will stay put in extreme wind. Worth a try for you, I don't think this hoodie has the problems you are concerned about. Their webstore has returns as well.

b19pen15

Reaction score
Anyone know when self edge will be getting to new season in stores (specifically the nyc shop)?

johnnykicks

Reaction score
Anyone know when self edge will be getting to new season in stores (specifically the nyc shop)?

Since SE is run by the 3sixteen crew I would imagine they will drop at all of their retailers first before they put them in their own shop which just opened as well. SE will prob have them then I would guess to be fair to their partners who are mostly small business boutiques. SE stores have a huge loyal following online for their available Japan repro brands as well as the 3/16 stuff so it might take away business from their retailers if people just decided to buy thru the SE site instead of their local store. Just my guess though.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3sixteen x CHUP Socks, Crosscut Flannels, & High Rise Skinny Women's Jeans

A shipment of socks, shirts, and jeans from 3sixteen has just landed at all of our stores.

They've gotten together with Japan's famed CHUP company to produce a set of patterned socks where the blue/navy areas are indigo-dyed; over time the sock's pattern will change as the indigo wears and washes out.

We've also received this year's version of their popular crosscut flannel shirt, this time in a great orange color

We know many have been waiting for a higher rise skinny jean from 3sixteen+ and they've finally arrived. These are available now in both an indigo denim and a black/black "eyeliner" denim.

Shop 3sixteen Online

Shop 3sixteen+ Online

316_AUTUMN_01-684x1025.jpg

316_AUTUMN_07-1025x684.jpg

316_CHUP2_01-684x1025.jpg

316_CHUP1_01-684x1025.jpg

316_CHUP2_04-1025x684.jpg

316_66BSP_01-684x1025.jpg

316_66BSP_06-1025x684.jpg

316_766BSP_01-684x1025.jpg

316_766BSP_05-1025x684.jpg

JayBeee

Reaction score
Looking to trade a pair of brand new SL-100x (Size 31) for a CT-100x in the same size.

#Bigbootyproblems

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking to trade a pair of brand new SL-100x (Size 31) for a CT-100x in the same size. 

#Bigbootyproblems

just my experience, in case it helps but I don't wear the same size between the 2 cuts. For ST and SL I wear 33 but for the CT I wear a 31.

JayBeee

Reaction score
just my experience, in case it helps but I don't wear the same size between the 2 cuts. For ST and SL I wear 33 but for the CT I wear a 31.

Appreciate the input. I think I should have gone bigger on these to begin with. My recent experience tells me I should have sized the SL/ST for my thighs.

According to the measurements the CT should fit about the same except with a longer rise?

JayBeee

Reaction score
I have a size 30 in the CT and I have a size 33 in ST, which I think might be a hair big in the waist.

That seems about what I'll be working with. Probably should have gone with a 32-33 in the S-cuts to fit my thighs better but they would have been too big on my waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads