1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

the 3sixteen bracelets develop a lovely patina

PM wesleypipes and bug him about it.

I have been trying to get pics of his since I saw it in SF a month and a half ago

2. baseball2429

baseball2429 Active Member

anyone have the double stranded bracelets? Im trying to figure out if i want the 3sixteen version or the flat head one (much more expensive) ... both are from Self Edge

wondering about quality and how they patina over time

I had the black double stranded one, the quality is good.

...but then I lost it.

[​IMG]

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

no one else sells these except self edge right?

4. cancel.sing

cancel.sing Senior member

Secret Forts posted some images, everything looks amazing. Love the bags:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Duffel bags look like the work of Beckel Canvas to me, possibly?

5. kixslf

kixslf Senior member

those bags are wonderful

6. MonkeyFresh

MonkeyFresh Senior member

was at the pop up flea this past sunday in NY,
    the travel duffel set looks soooo amazing... and its a steal, talked to Andrew about it, we met before through my friends, they own a shop called Extra Butter out on Long Island (Rockville Center) and carry 3Sixteen
    the only thing I don't really like is the velcro they use on the handles (the leather is held by velcro, wish it was a metal snap or something else...)
    the price point is about $250 he said, again quite a steal imho, cant wait for my friends shop to get them in [​IMG]
    the green tote looks amazing though... might have to pick it up for when school starts [​IMG]

7. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

was at the pop up flea this past sunday in NY,
    the travel duffel set looks soooo amazing...
    the price point is about $250 he said, again quite a steal imho, cant wait for my friends shop to get them in [​IMG]

You know, had cancel.sing not provided a link to beckel canvas above, I might have said "$250?, it's ok".

But after looking at the products on beckel and realizing that 3sixteen has taken this bag by beckel for $50:

[​IMG]

and given it a $200 blue dye job, I'm no longer interested.

8. v3l

v3l Senior member

You know, had cancel.sing not provided a link to beckel canvas above, I might have said "$250?, it's ok".

But after looking at the products on beckel and realizing that 3sixteen has taken this bag by beckel for $50:

[​IMG]

and given it a $200 blue dye job, I'm no longer interested.

That bag looks great! Anyone have any experience with it?

9. ajchen

ajchen Senior member

somatoform - here's some additional information on the Weekender kit:

Yes, the duffel bag is made by Beckel Canvas, but we had to buy the fabric ourselves, source some new leather hides (via our friends at Tanner Goods) to have the tan leather accents, and buy upgraded hardware. The Weekender kit also includes a custom toiletry bag and a Dickson Hairshop x 3sixteen toiletry kit (retail $50) as well as a shoulder strap that also has upgraded hardware. As for pricing, we're still trying to work it out as it's not yet available, but we are going to hope for something in between $200 and $220 retail. One last challenge that we faced in working with Beckel is that they don't provide much of a discount for quantity manufacturing, so we weren't able to pass the savings onto the retail customer.

All things said, yes - for $50 you can get a really nice bag directly from them. No doubt about that. Ours costs quite a bit more but we did our best to upgrade it to a much better bag (both aesthetically and materials-wise), and we wanted to price it in line with everything else we're making, and give our retailers a little room to make some money on it. Either way, you can't really go wrong. We're pretty sure there are going to be a lot of people who like our version of the duffel bag.

Thanks for checking it out, everyone.

10. APK

APK Senior member

no one else sells these except self edge right?

The bands? 3Sixteen's Web store has them.

11. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

somatoform - here's some additional information on the Weekender kit:

Yes, the duffel bag is made by Beckel Canvas, but we had to buy the fabric ourselves, source some new leather hides (via our friends at Tanner Goods) to have the tan leather accents, and buy upgraded hardware. The Weekender kit also includes a custom toiletry bag and a Dickson Hairshop x 3sixteen toiletry kit (retail $50) as well as a shoulder strap that also has upgraded hardware. As for pricing, we're still trying to work it out as it's not yet available, but we are going to hope for something in between $200 and $220 retail. One last challenge that we faced in working with Beckel is that they don't provide much of a discount for quantity manufacturing, so we weren't able to pass the savings onto the retail customer.

All things said, yes - for $50 you can get a really nice bag directly from them. No doubt about that. Ours costs quite a bit more but we did our best to upgrade it to a much better bag (both aesthetically and materials-wise), and we wanted to price it in line with everything else we're making, and give our retailers a little room to make some money on it. Either way, you can't really go wrong. We're pretty sure there are going to be a lot of people who like our version of the duffel bag.

Thanks for checking it out, everyone.

Thanks for that response. No doubt your bag is much nicer (color combo wise) and you're right about the extra costs for the travel kit and shoulder straps.

I was referring more to how when you see (roughly) the same product pre-collab it plays with your mind in the sense of questioning how much you want to pay for the bag (bare minimum) vs the same bag (with aesthetic and structural perks, and branding).

I don't think your price is too much for this bag, market-wise. I wouldn't think APC's bags are too expensive, but if I saw what APC's bags were coming from I would probably say the same thing.

Hopefully you guys can make it $200; I think I would buy the 3sixteen weekender set, assuming I can buy it online.

12. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

13. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

Is this going to be a single color run? Before this came up I was looking at that dark olive (otter?) color that Filson makes that looks so good after age.

14. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

Fit pics of my ST-100x that I got in the mail today. These are my first pair of raw denim, so I'm pretty excited. They fit a little tight, but I'm sure they'll stretch out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. JKISSI

JKISSI Senior member

here is the 3sixteen table from pop up flea.. [​IMG] Peter Parker .. soo nice suede in person!

16. Crazy

Crazy Well-Known Member

Fit looks good, how did you size?

17. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Who Is That Hot Hunk Of Man Meat With The Glasses In That Photo?

18. JKISSI

JKISSI Senior member

I believe he was Mr. USA 2002 Andrew Chen! lol <3

19. connor

connor Senior member

Fit pics of my ST-100x that I got in the mail today. These are my first pair of raw denim, so I'm pretty excited. They fit a little tight, but I'm sure they'll stretch out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

solid fit, top block looks a little funky but it will settle i'm sure

20. garmis

garmis Senior member

Just bought the double-stranded tan bracelet. Can't wait to see the patina that develops!