Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

3rd Pair of Office Shoes - Recommendation

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Snood, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Snood

Snood Member

Hi guys,

I'm very much a noob, so any basic tips are really appreciated. I have black Park Avenue's and dark brown Fifth Avenues and that's all I have right now in terms of shoes for the office. I'm business casual most of the time, but occasionally formal for work. I think I need loafers bad, but there are so many options I'm a bit overwhelmed, even if I limit it to just AE (Randolph, Patriot, Westchester, Walden and so on) I'm not sure where to start. Do I just go and get walnut strands as the next shoe and constantly be in laceups. Any basic reccomendations for shoe number 3. I do have an AE gift card I'm trying to use so I should pick something from AE. That said, if Alden is better for the loafer I can do that and get a laceup from AE instead. Something that could be worn with jeans would be nice as well -- so maybe a penny loafer in brown and some other type of loafer in black?

Thanks for your help!!!

2. ajmanouk

ajmanouk Senior member

3. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

The black park aves and brown fifths are a good start.

I would grab either dark brown calf or brown cordovan strands. I love my walnut strands but think they are a bit flashy at work and usually wear them in more informal settings. Loafers just don't work for me, but I know some swear by them.