3rd Annual Chicago Sartorialists Holiday Pub & Hotel Bar Crawl - December 10, 2011

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Burton, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Burton

Burton Senior member

Please join ld111134 (Lou), Francisco D'Anconia (Josh) and me for our thrid annual event. The event will, as usual, start from the lobby of the Palmer House Hilton 17 East Monroe Street: at 2:00 p.m--December 10.

We will then visit several Chicago establishments until no one is left standing - or sitting.

I will post the full intinerary in a few days but in the past we have visited the following places:

The Drake Hotel
    The InterContinental
    The Trump
    The Elsyian
    The Four Seasons

Both of the two prior events have gone late into the night. During the next few days I will post the definitive itenerary and we will have someone twitter our location so that late comers may join.

The event is a pay as you go event so you don't need to sign up or pay anything up front. Just show up:

Check back or PM me for further details.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Wish I was still in the city so I could go. Last year was a blast.... At least until Zach got in trouble for going to Ramen. and then ron got into an argument with that chick about which way was north. :laugh:

3. Burton

Burton Senior member

We will miss you. It was a great time - I am hoping Zach will be coming back. Even though you can't attend please help us get the word out.

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I will be there, thanks for organizing it.

this time I will tell my wife that it is an all day event, and I should be ok. Kwilk, you have to find a way to join us!

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I really wish I could, but it's just impossible. There are four holiday parties scheduled that day, on top of regular service, and the whole kitchen staff is made up of myself and two other people.

6. ykurtz

ykurtz Senior member

Will be there! Thanks for the post.

7. Burton

Burton Senior member

Great! See you there my friend. I need to post up the rest of the route and will do that tomorrow --- hopefully!

8. Burton

Burton Senior member

Ok here is the route - based on history, we will likely stay 1.5 hours at each loaction.

1) The palmer House - 2:00 p.m.

2) Trump - 3:30 p.m.

3) Hotel 71 (Hoyts) 5:00 p.m.

4) Elysian Hotel Bar 6:30 to 7:00 as we may eat dinner somewhere along the way.

5) Nomi - 7:30 p.m.

We will update this thread as we go and tweet to make sure people know where we are.

Hope to see you there.

G

Edit: Attire will be casual. (Of course, casual is what you make it.)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011